New Annual Passholders!

LostPrincessKarleigh

Original Poster
So, we just received our vouchers from Disney Fairytale Weddings for two *free* annual passes to WDW! Not gonna lie...I cried like a baby. So excited to finally be able to afford to go to WDW as much as I want (at least for the next year!) Now, if only it wasn't a twelve hour drive!
So, as a newbie to the Annual Passholder Club, can anyone give me any tips, advice, should-dos? What are some of the perks? And, to those who are APs, what has been your favorite thing about having APs?

RayTheFirefly

So, we just received our vouchers from Disney Fairytale Weddings for two *free* annual passes to WDW! Not gonna lie...I cried like a baby. So excited to finally be able to afford to go to WDW as much as I want (at least for the next year!) Now, if only it wasn't a twelve hour drive!
So, as a newbie to the Annual Passholder Club, can anyone give me any tips, advice, should-dos? What are some of the perks? And, to those who are APs, what has been your favorite thing about having APs?
Welcome to the club! It's my first year too :)

PlutoHasFleas

Welcome to the club! My AP has summer, holiday, and spring blackout dates, which is fine because the parks are so crowded then anyways. I also get discounts on parking, food, and merchandise. I only live 45 minutes away in Tampa, but if I want to stay overnight, I get discounts there as well.

The best part about being an AP to me is the access to the My Disney Experience app. I can make FP+ reservations for up to 30 days in advance at anytime, even just sitting at my house!

I also like the little "2014 WDW Annual Passholder" thing that goes on your MagicBand. It helps you identify other APs in the parks.

skimbob

I wonder if I will get a 2015 passholder thing on my Magic Band since I haven't been there since they started it and won't be there again until January. However my 2014 pass will still be valid and I will renew while there. Maybe I will get both. I am a premier Passholder and I love all of the discounts I get plus access to all of the parks here in the US including the water parks which I have yet to use.

PlutoHasFleas

I wonder if I will get a 2015 passholder thing on my Magic Band since I haven't been there since they started it and won't be there again until January. However my 2014 pass will still be valid and I will renew while there. Maybe I will get both. I am a premier Passholder and I love all of the discounts I get plus access to all of the parks here in the US including the water parks which I have yet to use.
They mailed me mine with my MagicBand.

Rob562

You won't get your free AP Magic Band until you activate your AP at the Parks, and even then it has to be mailed to your home from the manufacturer, so be prepared to be Band-less on your first visit (unless you want to shell out the money for a Band for that first trip). Though if you have a Band from a previous visit, it will be able to be used.

My #1 tip for AP holders is to seriously look into getting a Tables in Wonderland card. It costs you $100 and you get 20% off all food and alcohol for up to 10 people at most Table Service restaurants in WDW, plus a handful of Counter Service (Animal Kingdom, Value resorts and POFQ).
The break-even point is $500, which can easily be achieved after a couple Signature restaurant meals.

-Rob

LostPrincessKarleigh

Original Poster
You won't get your free AP Magic Band until you activate your AP at the Parks, and even then it has to be mailed to your home from the manufacturer, so be prepared to be Band-less on your first visit (unless you want to shell out the money for a Band for that first trip). Though if you have a Band from a previous visit, it will be able to be used.

My #1 tip for AP holders is to seriously look into getting a Tables in Wonderland card. It costs you $100 and you get 20% off all food and alcohol for up to 10 people at most Table Service restaurants in WDW, plus a handful of Counter Service (Animal Kingdom, Value resorts and POFQ).
The break-even point is $500, which can easily be achieved after a couple Signature restaurant meals.

-Rob
Yeah, I have heard about this card from several people on here. Is there an application or something? And how long does it usually take to get one?

PlutoHasFleas

You won't get your free AP Magic Band until you activate your AP at the Parks, and even then it has to be mailed to your home from the manufacturer, so be prepared to be Band-less on your first visit (unless you want to shell out the money for a Band for that first trip).
Yep. I figured they would just hand me a MagicBand upon activation. Cool thing about getting it in the mail though is they print your name on the inside of the band.

Rob562

Yeah, I have heard about this card from several people on here. Is there an application or something? And how long does it usually take to get one?

While there are ways to purchase it ahead of time, it's easiest to just wait until you get to the Guest Relations window at the parks and handle it at the same time you're processing your AP's. It only takes a minute or two and you can start using it immediately.

-Rob

LostPrincessKarleigh

Original Poster
While there are ways to purchase it ahead of time, it's easiest to just wait until you get to the Guest Relations window at the parks and handle it at the same time you're processing your AP's. It only takes a minute or two and you can start using it immediately.

-Rob
Wonderful! I will definitely be getting one when we activate our passes on October. :)

JasonDeyoung

I got two 2014 ap things for my bands was hoping it'd be a '15 one since I renewed but nope :) the thing I take adv of the most is the resort discounts. I to live just over in Tampa so weekend trips are a must. Free parking is nice ifi don't stay the night, do get discounts on resturants as well. I have the FL resident premium annual pass and haven't really even touched all the stuff that comes along with it. Have fun :)

skyphotographer

Not paying for parking. Being able to go to a park on the day of arrival and not feel like I'm wasting a full day on a ticket. I drive also and usually get to Orlando between 3 and 4 pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom