New Animal Kingdom Hotel

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was there for 2 weeks June/July 2001. We stayed in a non-savannah view and a savannah view.

I cannot praise this resort highly enough. It is by far my favorite Disney resort. In my opinion it is the closet thing to staying in an actual Theme Park the whole time. Everything about it is top notch.

It also has, in my opinion, the best bus stop and bus transportation of any resort. Timely buses, a nice wait area, and no crowded busses either.

The animal viewing areas are spectacular, and seeing animals outside your room is something else! :)

Stay there - you will not regret it. :)

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I also stayed there in June.... my first post to this board was in response to an AKL question!

I've stayed at almost all of the WDW hotels, but AKL is my favorite. The architecture, grounds, common areas are all spectacular! It is truly worth staying there at least once...you can't really appreciate how close and visible the animals are unless you have a savannah view room, and you arise at the crack of dawn....incredible!!

Upvote 0

Smee

Stayed there in June, it is a wonderful resort on all counts.

We had an S-view room and saw animals virtually every time we went onto the balcony.

If your thinking about it, go. You will not be disappointed.

Upvote 0

DanStat

Buses?!

We're really worried about the transportation...we stayed at Port Orleans: Riverside, and the buses really weren't top notch...

Upvote 0

EFUHR2888

Stayed at AKL in September and my entire family agreed that AKL is the one of the most impressive of all WDW resorts. We went to bed one night and were awakened by giraffes eating out of the trees right outside our room. If you stay there, get savannah view. You won't regret it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom