Rumor New AK nighttime development

KaliSplash

We Are One (over and over and over and over and over and over and over)

Sorry, glad they tried to do something with Rivers of Light, but I was not impressed.

AJT607

I understand that RoL never really lived up to expectations and AK at night never quite drew the crowds that Disney was hoping for, but I think that all versions of the show were beautiful and fitting for that park, and it is so sad to see the lagoon sit mostly empty (and/or used for only "KiteTails") these days. I really hope that Disney isn't afraid to take another stab at another nighttime show for the park.

Despite the general disappointment with Rivers of Light - I would also argue that the show quality was (at least) on par with the projection shows that Disney is currently running at Hollywood Studios in the evening, and something is better than nothing.

Touchdown

ROL just needed a more fitting finale. While I know fireworks are a no, you know what else works well and doesn’t make much noise? Flamethrowers. The ones in ROL were far too small, they litterally needed more firepower. This is a company who has another show on water that has a >100ft flamethrower, it should have been replicated in the AK show. Here’s hoping they recognize it the next time they do a show.

AJT607

Personally I think AK is so beautiful and atmospheric after dark it doesn't even need a night show.

Have a few musical acts around the park, wander around and enjoy the ambience.

I would agree with you but we now also have a really nice ampitheatre at AK that is sorely missing a draw to pull some of the crowds off of those walkways and make both a sit down option and a walk around option equally enjoyable.

Prototype82

We Are One was a mockery of the original. It took something artistic and full of depth and turned it into a sing-a-long. I miss the shamans and those intensely detailed costumes. It felt so other-worldly. Like your whole day at the park was ending with some grand spiritual ceremony. The narration and animal spirit vibe was so interpretive yet rich. It's sad. Drones, additional pieces, something could've been added to give it that finale "umph" that people thought it lacked. Personally I loved the subtlety.

Andrew25

Personally I think AK is so beautiful and atmospheric after dark it doesn't even need a night show.

Have a few musical acts around the park, wander around and enjoy the ambience.

It is the most beautiful nighttime park, but there's not enough to do to keep guests inside the park the entire day.

MK is open to 11PM (and the crowds should be pushing it to 12 most days now) while DAK struggles to keep people to 8PM. Most people are out of DAK by 5PM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom