New Airport Transfer Choices for Disney Vacation Packages!

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
First and foremost, Disney's Magical Express will remain available and FREE for all Guests staying at any of the 22 Walt Disney World owned and operated Resorts and arriving to/from the Orlando International Airport. Guests ride on an air conditioned Motorcoach with other parties and make stops at a maximum of 4 Disney Resorts.

Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) also offers Star Transportation for Guests who book a WDW Resort, Swan and Dolphin, Downtown Disney Resort or Good Neighbor Hotel as part of a WDTC Package and would like a private personalized transfer from their point of arrival (Orlando International Airport, Orlando Amtrak Station, or Sanford Airport) to their resort/hotel. The following choices will be available for 2007 vacations. All separately priced.

Guests who wish to stop along the way to their hotel must call Star at (407) 888-5530 to schedule additional stops. Cost is $25 per 15-minute interval (subject to change) and is paid to the driver.

Star Exclusive Van Service
Exclusive Van service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Van service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Vans seat 11 Guests and 20 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $135, from Sanford $160.

Star SUV Transfers
Ford Excursion SUV service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. SUV service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. SUVs seat 7 Guests and 10 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $145, from Sanford $220.

Star Limousine
Luxury limousine service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Limousine service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Limos seat 6 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $145, from Sanford $220.

Star Town Car
Lincoln Town Car service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Town Car service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Town Cars seat 4 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $85, from Sanford $145.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
is there any other service besides star service that goes to sanford? and cheaper... my down and back airplane ticket is only 100 bucks.

BRER STITCH

Oh, there's plenty of cheaper places, but this will be good for:

1) People who like to book everything with one phone call and not price shop

2) People who will arrive late and would rather just take their bags in a limo and go straight to the resort instead of waiting for Magical Express

At least now WDW can say they offer alternatives to ME and planty of people will jump on it!

The educated consumer will still shop around and find other reputable services from Happy, Tiffany, and other limo services to be a better deal!

:)

Computer Magic

Oh, there's plenty of cheaper places, but this will be good for:

1) People who like to book everything with one phone call and not price shop

2) People who will arrive late and would rather just take their bags in a limo and go straight to the resort instead of waiting for Magical Express

At least now WDW can say they offer alternatives to ME and planty of people will jump on it!

The educated consumer will still shop around and find other reputable services from Happy, Tiffany, and other limo services to be a better deal!

Let's not forget our WDWMAGIC sponsors:

http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/

I've had great success with them and cheaper :sohappy:

What I do like is the easy airlines check in a some resorts

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
I'm curious, is Magical Express a 24 hour a day proposition? Does it matter what time your flight gets in?

Disney's Magical Express does work on a 24/7 basis when needed. Remember, you must make advance reservations to take advantage of this free service.

hakunamatata said:
Star Limousine
Limos seat 6 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage.
Star Town Car
Town Cars seat 4 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage.

Is this correct? 6/4 people and only three pieces of luggage?

Yes. These two options are designed for luxury. The luggage must be able to fully fit in the standard sized trunk on a Town Car (their limos are built from town car bodies.)

With the increase of larger families traveling together, Star has now increased their service to include the SUV and Exclusive Van Service to hold more luggage and Guests.

miles1

It's nice to have an alternative to get to/from Sanford. We flew in and out from there last month and would certainly do it again to avoid the chaos of OIA. The only thing is, for the cost of the cheapest round trip ($290.00), I was able to rent a full-size car for six days, with enough left over for a least one counter service meal for four, PLUS refill the gas tank when we returned the car. Plus we had the convenience of driving to the parks when we wanted to.

If it was off-season (less crowded buses on property) and a little cheaper, I'd certainly try it. But for now, the car rental is a better value, at least from Sanford.

BRER STITCH

I'm curious, is Magical Express a 24 hour a day proposition? Does it matter what time your flight gets in?

While ME is a 24 hour operation, some folks arriving very late at night may not want to risk having to stop at 3 other resorts before getting to theirs. An even bigger concern is having to wait up to three hours for their bags, which could be a big inconvenience if they want to get unpacked and into bed. (For example, if your plane gets in around 10PM, your trip to the resort may take an hour or more on ME and your bags may not arrive until 1 or 2AM!)

Of course, we all know that they could just as easily grab their luggage BEFORE getting on the ME bus.

But that's just because we know better. Most people don't.

stof911

so im wondering, does the person who is driving the bus the one who picks up your bags at the claim area or is there someone behind the scenes who pics up the bags and you dont even see them, someone elaborate on this who knows ME or who has seen this done

MickeyTigg

First and foremost, Disney's Magical Express will remain available and FREE for all Guests staying at any of the 22 Walt Disney World owned and operated Resorts and arriving to/from the Orlando International Airport. Guests ride on an air conditioned Motorcoach with other parties and make stops at a maximum of 4 Disney Resorts.

Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) also offers Star Transportation for Guests who book a WDW Resort, Swan and Dolphin, Downtown Disney Resort or Good Neighbor Hotel as part of a WDTC Package and would like a private personalized transfer from their point of arrival (Orlando International Airport, Orlando Amtrak Station, or Sanford Airport) to their resort/hotel. The following choices will be available for 2007 vacations. All separately priced.

Guests who wish to stop along the way to their hotel must call Star at (407) 888-5530 to schedule additional stops. Cost is $25 per 15-minute interval (subject to change) and is paid to the driver.

Star Exclusive Van Service
Exclusive Van service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Van service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Vans seat 11 Guests and 20 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $135, from Sanford $160.

Star SUV Transfers
Ford Excursion SUV service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. SUV service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. SUVs seat 7 Guests and 10 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $145, from Sanford $220.

Star Limousine
Luxury limousine service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Limousine service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Limos seat 6 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $145, from Sanford $220.

Star Town Car
Lincoln Town Car service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Town Car service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Town Cars seat 4 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $85, from Sanford $145.

Nice...though I'm partial to Happy Limo or Quick Silver...this is something to consider.

What about if you don't book packages....any deals or special considerations?

AEfx

Thanks for the A+ info, as always, JP.

However, I don't see how this service is really going to thrive; the one-way prices aren't much less than the round-trip prices from other carriers. I guess people who buy the super-deluxe premium packages will do it, but I think it's going to make sense for most people to use another carrier for van/limo service.

Plus, charging for a grocery stop is a bit much, as every other carrier gives it for free; $25 is steep.

AEfx

BRER STITCH

so im wondering, does the person who is driving the bus the one who picks up your bags at the claim area or is there someone behind the scenes who pics up the bags and you dont even see them, someone elaborate on this who knows ME or who has seen this done

Baggage is handled by an entirely different group.

It goes on separate trucks and could arrive at your resort up to 3 hours after you do.

That's why some folks decide to get their own luggage and bring it on the bus with them if they are arriving late.

DisneyJoe

These services were offered in 2006 also, I just think that the Star offerings were modified - WDTC has always offered car rental via Alamo, town car and limo pickup, the van and SUV offerings are new for 2007.

-Joe

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Thanks for the A+ info, as always, JP.

However, I don't see how this service is really going to thrive; the one-way prices aren't much less than the round-trip prices from other carriers. I guess people who buy the super-deluxe premium packages will do it, but I think it's going to make sense for most people to use another carrier for van/limo service.

Plus, charging for a grocery stop is a bit much, as every other carrier gives it for free; $25 is steep.

AEfx

Hello everyone,

Well, here at Quicksilver we are applauding Star's rates since there is no competition at all with ours.
Their one way rates are almost the same as our round trip rates, plus they charge for grocery stote stops....:sohappy:

Before booking your transfers (if not using ME of course) please make sure you look into our rates first.:wave:

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom