New addition to Adventureland?

beyondyou

Original Poster
Yesterday i was walking through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and at the end of the attraction to the left side there is construction going on. They have layed down a floor structure that is partially heading out towards the river. Sorry, i didnt have my camera on me at the time but i'll try to take pics maybe today? Also, if that has already been talked about i apologize again

It looks like it may be a meet and greet location by the looks of it so far. It's not a terribly big space at all.
Also, right when you walk into adventureland to the right side there are construction walls up. I think this may be for another meet and greet station.

S

stphnbogert

Sweet. I'm going next Sunday so I'll take some pics if no one is there before then. thanks for the info though

agent21

The construction walls next to the AL bridge are for a temporary bridge that is being built. Once the temp bridge is completed, traffic will be diverted through there while the actual AL bridge is being replaced.

scott7302

The construction walls next to the AL bridge are for a temporary bridge that is being built. Once the temp bridge is completed said:
How long will the temporary Bridge take to construct, how much has been done so far?

Has anyone got any pics of that area since the last update on Orlando Park Blog?

agent21

How long will the temporary Bridge take to construct, how much has been done so far?

Has anyone got any pics of that area since the last update on Orlando Park Blog?

The project started at the beginning of the year. As for how long it will take, I do not know.

Tom

Beta Return

Hey, anything they can do to force strollers to be out of the walking paths, I'm all for it. Out of sight, out of mind. Put the stroller parking as far from civilization as possible!

The Swiss Family Treehouse work is for concrete work for the stroller area, per a permit filed a few weeks ago.

November 30, to be exact. Swiss Family Treehouse Stroller Parking. The permit mentioned concrete, but this looks suspiciously like wood to me.

Okay, I don't intend to be rude here, I am just curious at how you made the leap from some wood boards to it-looks-like-a-meet-and-greet?

Well, because they've been building a number of MnG locations in recent history. Donald at Mexico. Duffy at World Showcase. Another Donald (I think) in Frontierland. Having not known about the permit, a MnG would have been my first guess too.

Neverland

The construction walls next to the AL bridge are for a temporary bridge that is being built. Once the temp bridge is completed, traffic will be diverted through there while the actual AL bridge is being replaced.

Is that really what they're doing? I was told that they're just refurbing the Adventureland Veranda (that patio where Ariel has been meeting). Lord knows it needed it; that thing is falling apart! The backstage area right there is just horrible. I feel unsafe back there because there are planks and pieces of walls actually missing, and that stained glass mosaic thing has a lot of broken pieces as well, and you can see them onstage.

SeaCastle

Is that really what they're doing? I was told that they're just refurbing the Adventureland Veranda (that patio where Ariel has been meeting). Lord knows it needed it; that thing is falling apart! The backstage area right there is just horrible. I feel unsafe back there because there are planks and pieces of walls actually missing, and that stained glass mosaic thing has a lot of broken pieces as well, and you can see them onstage.

Parts of the Adventureland Veranda are getting refurbed (they have filed permits for it), but they are working on the bridge, too.

Do you know if they're opening the Veranda back up for guests?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom