New AA now in Pirates this weekend?

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
Forgive me, of course, if this has been posted. Couldn't find it in a search.

I hit POTC this weekend for the first time in a few weeks and noticed that the Pirate whose leg dangles over the bridge has been changed. He's now different from the leg up, and blows into a jug to the music.

When did this happen? Was I on some sort of strange trip when I witnessed this?

I also think another AA was added to the ride, but I have a bad memory. Even from week to week.

Thanks for any info.

orleans97

That is strange, and the weirdest thing is most people wouldn't be the foggiest on the change.So why do it? Someone please verify.

Moustronaut

ditto. He was doing it the last two or three times i've been there over the past two years. At least I thought he was blowing into the jug. Or at least drinking from it.

MissM

It's hard to see because of the angle, but here's the pirate with his leg hanging over. You can see his jug (which I believe he's drinking from.) The image was taken in May 2004. The ride was empty that day and since we had not only the boat to ourselves, but no one ahead or behind us, I took the opprotunity to snap some photos. :)

potc-leg-pirate.jpg

Hope that helps.
-m

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Doesn't sound new to me.... What that pirate is doing is a matter of interpretation, but his leg has always been hanging over. It's one of the things to look for when you ride, you can see his hairy leg and the overall detail in the AA's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom