New 50th Anniversary Maps

TiggersPooh

its great they finally have a guidemap with the height requirement for stitch...it says 38...which was fine till a few days ago but now its 40. Annoying

nibblesandbits

Number_6 said:
Well, they are advertising Soarin'. I could see adding Turtle Talk as well, but Wishes and Philharmagic have been advertised for awhile now. They changed to showcase what they have that is new for the Celebration. I don't see that as being in its own world.

Yeah...I have mine from last May that is advertising Philharmagic...so it's definitely been advertised.

Number_6

I just recently got my new all-in-one hooked up to my compy. I'll see if I can get the scan feature working and try posting if I can. If not, I'm sure someone will get a scan up for everyone.

WDW_Sam

The pictures looks awesome... I would assume that this is the last guidemap which Stitch will be present in, it's good for advertising a new attraction, but they might take it too far if they release another Stitch on the cover :)

Sam

Number_6

Okay, here goes. If this works, then you should see images of the park map(sorry I can only fit it in 1/4 at a time, but it's my first time using the scanner so I don't know if there is a way to scan it better than that). CoP and Timekeeper are both featured on the map here, though.

Attachments

• New Park Map 3.jpg
    New Park Map 3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 94
  • New Park Map 4.jpg
    New Park Map 4.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 73
  • New Park Map 5.jpg
    New Park Map 5.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 91
  • New Park Map 6.jpg
    New Park Map 6.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 68

TheOneVader

Number_6 said:
Okay, here goes. If this works, then you should see images of the park map(sorry I can only fit it in 1/4 at a time, but it's my first time using the scanner so I don't know if there is a way to scan it better than that). CoP and Timekeeper are both featured on the map here, though.

I have to stitch them all together for my web site. That's why it takes a while to do all the maps.

the-reason14

dxwwf3 said:
You just beat me to it. I went back through my collection and CSC was definately on the park map.

Im guessing because they think stitch is more of an appeal than Cinderrallabration. Who knows. :veryconfu

tecowdw

A Little OT

Does anyone have current guide maps for the two Disneyland Resorts? I've tried to get Disneyland to mail me some but I get the vacation planning guide instead...every single time.

I'm planning to visit there later this year and wish I had a guide map - having only been to DL once and never at DCA. Please, if anyone can get me one of each and would be willing to mail them, let me know by email or pm.

thimblekisses

Ye gods, Stitch! I just got my first new map yesterday, and I thought the same thing. Why put a blemish on an otherwise lovely cover design? BLECH!
And while we're on the subject, Stitch is STILL on the front of all the monorails. The HCOE logos are on the windows, but Stitch clings in all his disgusting glory. There's new Stitch audio on the monorails, too, but I'll get to that in our photo post, to come later today.

mickhyperion

I wonder if the WDW parks will ever again sell the giant wall maps like the Magic Kingdom used to. I have one from 1981. I'd love to have one for each park. The free guidemaps are about 1/6th of the size of the old wall maps.

Disneyland is still producing theirs - in fact they've updated it for the 50th. They sell them for $4 or $5 each.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have all the new maps for WDW (just got back yesterday), and am going to at least scan in the covers tonight. I'll post a link to my photo album when I get them up.

MiRi

CaliSurfer182 said:
It looks like marketing is tying in those new attractions pretty well........except for of course the over-Stitch advertising. Is Stitch being pushed into becoming the Mickey Mouse of the future? :(

Not to sound rude, but I think you're exaggerating a little too much. Disney advertise it's newest attractions a lot for awhile. Now Stitch replacing Mickey? I love Stitch but that is NOT going to happen ever. Sure, at the parks you will find lots of Stitch mrechandise, but you can also find the same amount of merch for the Princesses, Tinker Bell (and I don't mind and I keep spending my extra cash on her LOL), villains, etc. I find Mickey merch more than anything.

Maybe some of you don't like Stitch but keep in mind that others do and that's why Disney advertises Stitch as much as they do. All I can say is try to ignore it. It'll go away soon enough.

MiRi

mickhyperion said:
I wonder if the WDW parks will ever again sell the giant wall maps like the Magic Kingdom used to. I have one from 1981.

Would you mind posting a picture of this? 1981 was my birthyear and I'd like to see that. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Stitch is everywhere though - moreso than Mickey and even moreso than Figment at Epcot. More prevalent than the HCOE ads actually.

mickhyperion

1981 Magic Kingdom Giant Wall Map

MiRi said:
Would you mind posting a picture of this? 1981 was my birthyear and I'd like to see that. :)
Well, I'll have to dig it out and take a picture of it. Give me a day and check back! :wave:

UPDATE: I found it and took the picture quicker than I thought I would. It's actually about 4 times the size of the GuideMaps. It measures 38" x 32" (DL's are even larger).

1981 MK Giant Wall Map: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=14367&size=big&cat=3157&page=1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom