New 50th Anniversary Maps

Number_6

They've got new billboards up too. I saw one just outside property near the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd for LMA. Another LMA on 528 West and a Soarin' one on I4 East just outside Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. If no one else gets pictures before then, I'm planning on going to Disney tomorrow and I'll get some pics.

dxwwf3

General Grizz said:
BEAUTIFUL shot of Cinderella's Castle. Why is Stitch still being advertised?

That is the question on everyone's mind. That pic of the castle would have been perfect by itself. When will this madness end? :lol:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Number_6 said:
They've got new billboards up too. I saw one just outside property near the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd for LMA. Another LMA on 528 West and a Soarin' one on I4 East just outside Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. If no one else gets pictures before then, I'm planning on going to Disney tomorrow and I'll get some pics.
It's almost as though marketing is in its own world, out of touch with the other divisions.

Advertise Soarin', Turtle Talk, Wishes, Philharmagic -- all great new shows that audiences actually love.

dxwwf3

Thrawn said:
Stitch is being advertised because it is the newest addition. They don't advertise stage shows, so Cinderellabration doesn't count.

Tarzan Rocks was on the cover of the AK map for a year or two.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Any info or shots of the maps themselves? Curious if anything has changed inside, like the fastpass guide, photopass info, stuff like that - in addition to how the parks are presented ;)

I always long for a day when the map will be big and clunky again with indepth descriptions of everything.

dxwwf3

Thrawn said:

Not following you here.

If you are saying that they are 2 different parks, I know that, but I was just saying that stage shows have been on the front of park maps before.

Number_6

General Grizz said:
It's almost as though marketing is in its own world, out of touch with the other divisions.

Advertise Soarin', Turtle Talk, Wishes, Philharmagic -- all great new shows that audiences actually love.

Well, they are advertising Soarin'. I could see adding Turtle Talk as well, but Wishes and Philharmagic have been advertised for awhile now. They changed to showcase what they have that is new for the Celebration. I don't see that as being in its own world.

Budke

You also advertise to boost awareness of an attraction. Disney doesn't have to convince people to go watch Philharmagic. But if little Timmy is reminded at every turn that Stitch has an attraction...

CaliSurfer182

It looks like marketing is tying in those new attractions pretty well........except for of course the over-Stitch advertising. Is Stitch being pushed into becoming the Mickey Mouse of the future? :( Stitch is alright but not that alright.
The castle looks awesome and it would have been more than alright to just have that on the cover of the MK map.

I can't wait to pick up my maps tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom