New “High Surf” B&M Coaster for 2023

UpAllNight

Agree that they should diversify, but also there’s absolutely nothing out there like B&M for reliability. It’s impossible not to see the appeal from a parks perspective. And they really do look sexy. The sweeping curves on this look, visually, stunning.

I was listening to an interview with the designer of Nemesis, where he talked in-depth about B&Ms culture vs the likes of Intamin & Vekoma. B&M do seem to be trying new things with some launched shuttle wing coasters, and this surf model.

i think it’s just become cool to hate on B&M but they’re true innovators, and perfectionists, which probably slows their creativity & thirst for risk. As someone said above there isn’t a bad B&M - there’s some shockers from Vekoma and Intamin.

Controversially, I think Montu & Kumba are better rides than Iron Gwazi. I rank all below Velocicoaster though.

Jrb1979

Agree that they should diversify, but also there’s absolutely nothing out there like B&M for reliability. It’s impossible not to see the appeal from a parks perspective. And they really do look sexy. The sweeping curves on this look, visually, stunning.

I was listening to an interview with the designer of Nemesis, where he talked in-depth about B&Ms culture vs the likes of Intamin & Vekoma. B&M do seem to be trying new things with some launched shuttle wing coasters, and this surf model.

i think it’s just become cool to hate on B&M but they’re true innovators, and perfectionists, which probably slows their creativity & thirst for risk. As someone said above there isn’t a bad B&M - there’s some shockers from Vekoma and Intamin.

Controversially, I think Montu & Kumba are better rides than Iron Gwazi. I rank all below Velocicoaster though.
I agree that B&M coasters are fun and from a parks perspective they are GP friendly. I do enjoy most of their coasters but I find them on the same level as a Disney coaster. They are fun but lack intensity like an RMC or Intamin.

UpAllNight

I agree that B&M coasters are fun and from a parks perspective they are GP friendly. I do enjoy most of their coasters but I find them on the same level as a Disney coaster. They are fun but lack intensity like an RMC or Intamin.

There are definitely some less intense B&Ms but I have to say that the pretzel loop on Manta is the one moment on any coaster I’ve ever been on where I’ve felt, oh no I might be sick here haha

Jrb1979

There are definitely some less intense B&Ms but I have to say that the pretzel loop on Manta is the one moment on any coaster I’ve ever been on where I’ve felt, oh no I might be sick here haha
Agreed and IMO it's the best part of the ride. For me no coaster will beat Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point right now. The amount of ejector airtime blows anything else out of the water. My thighs are sore after every ride just from being thrown into the lap bar non stop.

One coaster I wan to ride is I305 at Kings Dominion. It's one of the most intense Intamin coasters out there. A lot of people blackout out on the first drop. Unfortunately most GP hate it.

abaker1975

A few years ago I would have liked a raw and physically intense coaster. Nowadays, I have to be careful and can't ride anything that may physically hurt me. I know I am always ok on a B&M. Looking to try Velocicoaster this year as everything about this looks good for me. Any opinions from people on Iron Gwazi - I've not ridden an RMC yet but these look smooth too.

CoasterSnoop

Any opinions from people on Iron Gwazi - I've not ridden an RMC yet but these look smooth too.
Generally RMCs are smooth but violent, mainly in airtime. If that's fine to you and positive Gs are your main issue, you should be okay on most if not all of them.

On Gwazi specifically, I consistently greyed out at the bottom of the first drop, but that's the only moment like it on the ride, and I wasn't feeling any "head/body-crushing" sensation either. There's plenty of airtime but nothing in the realm of "Steel Vengeance destroying your thighs for its last 30 seconds." The death roll looks intimidating but it's no more intense than any other roll, it's actually quite graceful. I'd say if you're fine on Velocicoaster you'll be fine on Gwazi. :)

celluloid

It is pretty dang cool that we are getting a new coater type too. It may not be the most different, but it seems like it could play out as an awesome revisit to the stand up coaster genre and do it better with the years of feedback and alterations into consideration. I wish for four across seating due to B&M great capacity when they do, but this will still be far better and more reliable than their recent additions.

LittleMerman

It is pretty dang cool that we are getting a new coater type too. It may not be the most different, but it seems like it could play out as an awesome revisit to the stand up coaster genre and do it better with the years of feedback and alterations into consideration. I wish for four across seating due to B&M great capacity when they do, but this will still be far better and more reliable than their recent additions.
Def a unique concept that will be good for SeaWorld! I've never ridden a stand-up and I wouldn't be super into it if it went upside down and didn't have the "surf" movement so this is interesting to me!

celluloid

Def a unique concept that will be good for SeaWorld! I've never ridden a stand-up and I wouldn't be super into it if it went upside down and didn't have the "surf" movement so this is interesting to me!

It does have a single inversion.

The biggest thing is it should be far more comfortable than previous Stand Up Coaster models.

celluloid

Oh haha I get motion sickness and love the family coasters but I'll take my Dramamine and Reliefband lol

I think you will be ok. I don't know you but most well designed coasters will not cause motion sickness the same way carnival rides do. I think what may be is the bouncing and surfing feeling unique to this, but I don't think it will be too extreme.

I hope you enjoy it!

SplashJacket

Original Poster

1681264319008.png

Maintenance barn receiving an oceanscape with a large "SEAWORLD" printed on its side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom