Neverland Club and Other Childrens Clubs

leosmummy

Original Poster
Hi

We are not visiting Disney again until October 2009, but we like to start the planning early :ROFLOL:. Anyway i was wondering about the kids clubs operated by Disney are they for resort guests only, we are staying offsite, but would love to go for a meal out just as a couple in the evening. Our kiddiwinks will be 4 and 5yrs at the time. Any info will be greatfully received

Thanks in advance

wdwfan100

I am not 100% sure, but I believe they are only for the resort guests. It has been a while since we needed to use the services but when we did, We were asked for our name and room number. It is still worth a call to find out. You never know.

Carolyn1717

I'm pretty sure it is for resort guests only. Otherwise you would have dozens of locals leaving their kids there to go out for the evening.

KingStefan

I do not believe that they are for resort guests only. I'll bet JPVonDrake could help. I'm going to PM him.

Local people would use local babysitters. These places are convenient, but expensive by comparison.

JPVonDrake

To Clarify...

Glad to help!

Children do not need to be guests of the specific resort in which the Children's Activity Center is located, nor do they need to be guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel.

Disney Cast Members provide a supervised dining and entertainment club for children ages 4 - 12 featuring games, activities, movies and a chance to make new friends. Dinner is available featuring all your children's favorites and is included in the cost of the service. The price is currently $11.00 per child per hour with a two hour minimum. Service Hours are 4:30 PM to 12:00 AM daily.

Guests can order complimentary meals for their children when they check in. Choices may include: Chicken Strips, Grilled Cheese, Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, Hot Dog, Macaroni and Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, or Mini Burger with a choice of sides such as Chips, Fench Fries, Carrots, Apple Sauce or Grapes. Beverage choices may include apple juice, fruit punch, whole milk, low fat milk, or Nestle Quick chololate milk. Dinner will be served sometime between 6:00pm and 8:00pm. Menus will vary based on location and are subject to change without notice. Special food items (e.g., dietary needs) can be ordered from Room Service if requested before meal time. No outside food, please.

Advance reservations are highly recommended, but occasionally same day reservations can be accommodated. Guest may call 407-WDW-DINE and make reservations up to 180 days in advance. A credit card guarantee is required. Reservations are held only for 30 minutes, after which they are released for same day walk-in Guests. Contact the location in person after 4:00 p.m. for same-day availability. Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance or be subject to a cancellation fee of two hours per child.

The Children's Activity Centers are only open to children 4 - 12 years of age. Children must be toilet trained, no pull-ups allowed. There is a minimum charge of 2 hours per child for all Children's Activity Centers. Parent or Guardian must sign a waiver for child's participation. For the safety and welfare of the children, the person signing children in must also be the person signing them out at the end of the experience. There are no exceptions to these polices.

Pagers are available to parents/guardians upon drop-off of children. Payment of pager deposit is required at that time.

The Children's Activity Centers are located at:

The Never Land Club - Disney's Polynesian Resort
Mouseketeer Club - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Cub's Den - Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Simba's Cubhouse - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sandcastle Club - Disney's Beach Club Resort

leosmummy

Original Poster
Thank you, both are already toilet trained and will be 4 and 5yrs when we go so it looks like we meet the criteria.

Many Thanks again
Viv

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You already have all the official information but I will try to provide a little more personal information. My daughter absolutely loved the Neverland Club. She has been there twice and both times did not want to leave. The CM's there have always been incredible, worthy of saint hood IMHO. You will not regret bringing you kids there.

KingStefan

You already have all the official information but I will try to provide a little more personal information. My daughter absolutely loved the Neverland Club. She has been there twice and both times did not want to leave. The CM's there have always been incredible, worthy of saint hood IMHO. You will not regret bringing you kids there.

I want to second that, and add that the decor is absolutely charming. The check-in area is decorated like the children's nursery in London, and to get to the "play" area of the Club you "fly" out the window of the nursery. Really magical. I wanted to stay there myself!

On our last trip, my then-13 yo DD was disappointed that she was too old. That's how good it is.

On the other hand, the Mouseketeers Club by contrast is not very nice. It's functional kid-sitting and all, and the CMs are great, but it's your basic room full of toys, with a wall of TVs connected to video games. This surprised me, because it is at the GF, supposedly the flag ship resort. We put our kids there because we were doing V&As. If I had it to do over again, I'd have put them in Neverland and taken the monorail over to the GF.

I don't know much about the other three. My 10 yo is eager to check them out before she gets too old! :lol:

GenerationX

On each of our trips, we've had the boys go to the Neverland Club or Sandcastle Club one night while my wife and I had a quiet dinner. The three of them had a fantastic time each time they went. This service is highly recommended!

Nicole220

I went to the Neverland Club when I was younger...I loved it! I never liked going to kids clubs, but I didn't want to leave this one. The only thing I remember was going through the nursery window and having pixie dust sprinkled on me. :)

leosmummy

Original Poster
Glad to hear reports that children enjoy it there, the pagers sound a brilliant idea, we found a few pictures online and it looks a amazing place. I think all being well this is probably the club we will go for. Just got to remember to mark a date on the calender so i don't forget to reserve a place :lol:

MouseWorshipper

As a seven-year-old, I loved Neverland Club. We got free video games, danced in hula skirts, and watched movies. The food was crud, but who cares? :p The play area designed like Wendy's nursery was like nothing I had ever seen before. It made me laugh with delight. The Cast Members were a kinda old so they weren't much fun, but they were nice and made sure everyone was safe and happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom