Never noticed this in the Great Movie Ride...

adamthegetupkid

Original Poster
I never noticed this until today: In the western scene, on the right hand side, there are doors swung open. There is a note on the inside, something about Boston. It is written in a very similar style to the Boston Red Sox lettering. Anyone else ever notice this?

kmku2

I'm gonna notice now...I'm going in 74 days! I'll zoom and take a picture if i have to. The Red Sox Rock!!! People can always tell we're from MA...last time this guy asked my friends and me to say a ton of words...like the whole parked the car bit...we were really a novelty to him :)

Rob562

kmku2 said:
last time this guy asked my friends and me to say a ton of words...like the whole parked the car bit...

Though as someone who works for Harvard U, I can tell you that there's actually very few people who are allowed to pahk a cah in Hahvahd Yahd. :animwink:
(And no, for the most part I don't have an accent myself, despite growing up in Mass for all but my first three years)

-Rob

brisem

Rob562 said:
Though as someone who works for Harvard U, I can tell you that there's actually very few people who are allowed to pahk a cah in Hahvahd Yahd. :animwink:
(And no, for the most part I don't have an accent myself, despite growing up in Mass for all but my first three years)

-Rob
I still have mine and I lived in CT the last 18 years.

kmku2

I grew up on the South Shore and I really don't think my accent is all that bad. Now, my parents are another story all together...they grew up in Boston. They actually do say "pahked" and "cah" It's just funny to me because I've been to WDW about 8 times and every time people have commented on our accents. "It's whicked a" as my Dad would say.

disneygirl746kt

I haven't been on that ride for almost 12 years. (It scared the crap out of me when I was little, which about 12 years ago) so I don't think I would have noticed that at all back then.

Dagger

disneygirl746kt said:
I haven't been on that ride for almost 12 years. (It scared the crap out of me when I was little, which about 12 years ago) so I don't think I would have noticed that at all back then.

It scared me the first time I was on it (I think I was like 8) but it's one of my "can't miss" attractions now!

JEDIsney

disneygirl746kt said:
I promised myself that I would never go on it again and I haven't since that time.
Would you like to share with us what scared you so much? I'm guessing it was the Alien segment of the ride, because I'll admit that that part still scares me.

disneygirl746kt

JEDIsney said:
Would you like to share with us what scared you so much? I'm guessing it was the Alien segment of the ride, because I'll admit that that part still scares me.
This sounds so stupid, but it was when the girl took over the ride. I can't remember if she "shot" the guy or not, but that was the part.

JEDIsney

disneygirl746kt said:
This sounds so stupid, but it was when the girl took over the ride. I can't remember if she "shot" the guy or not, but that was the part.
Oh, don't worry, it doesn't sound stupid. I don't blame you for being scared, especially if you were younger.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the Gangster scene, and I always remember that the shooting noises coming from across the room, and to the side of the car, were very loud. That could be just me though.

They have the gangster, who in your case was a girl, take over the ride from the original CM. The gangster does have a gun, but doesn't use it to "shoot" the CM, it is used to "shoot" the other Audio Animatronics.

disneygirl746kt

I couldn't remember, since it was a long time ago. Yea, that would be the scene. I never really liked people with guns or being mean to others and that's probably what set it off and that I never wanted to return to that ride.

JEDIsney

disneygirl746kt said:
I couldn't remember, since it was a long time ago. Yea, that would be the scene. I never really liked people with guns or being mean to others and that's probably what set it off and that I never wanted to return to that ride.
I understand where you're coming from.

Do you think you'll ever give the ride a chance again?

disneygirl746kt

Maybe after I have kids. haha. and once they are old enough to ride it and understand it. (that is if it is still there. if they plan to take it out, I might ride it before they close it.)

JEDIsney

disneygirl746kt said:
Maybe after I have kids. haha. and once they are old enough to ride it and understand it. (that is if it is still there. if they plan to take it out, I might ride it before they close it.)
I do wonder what will happen to it in the future..

But I also think that you should give it another shot. You never know, you may actually like it this time! :)

disneygirl746kt

lol. probably. Like the first time I rode Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom...I went on the ride feeling really sick and then about an hour later found out that I had a temp of 104.3 ish.

JEDIsney

disneygirl746kt said:
lol. probably. Like the first time I rode Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom...I went on the ride feeling really sick and then about an hour later found out that I had a temp of 104.3 ish.
Whoa! What a way to have a trip to Disney ruined.

disneygirl746kt

haha yea. well it was the second to last day of the trip. We went back to the hotel and then I slept til 3, when my brother got off work and brought me some jello. haha. Then we saw Illuminations and then I ended up at the er that night. They gave me meds and I flew home that next early evening. Wednesday I saw my regular doctor and didn't end up going back to school the last half of Friday just to go to a Christmas party, since Friday was the start of Christmas break.

JEDIsney

disneygirl746kt said:
haha yea. well it was the second to last day of the trip. We went back to the hotel and then I slept til 3, when my brother got off work and brought me some jello. haha. Then we saw Illuminations and then I ended up at the er that night. They gave me meds and I flew home that next early evening. Wednesday I saw my regular doctor and didn't end up going back to school the last half of Friday just to go to a Christmas party, since Friday was the start of Christmas break.
Well, since it did happen to you, at least it happened the second to last day of your trip.

I was thinking, shouldn't you have gone to the hospital? Glad to hear that you did, though.

And at least you had the Christmas break to rest more and get better.

Phew, what a story!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom