NEVER fly Delta.

SpongeScott

Ok... a million is an exaggeration for this year. I'm up to about 600k this year, but I have done more than a million in years past back when I was working for IHG. However it isn't 1 million flown miles, more like 300k miles + 100% status bonus + regular first class upgrades which also earn 100% bonus and various other promotional bonuses. Bear in mind though, that most airlines give a minimum of 500 miles per segment. If I fly SJU-STX round trip in a day (done that one about 9 times this year), while the actual distance is only 160 miles, that earns 1000 miles ear trip. And I also tend to do the most convoluted routing for the least money I can do to maximize the mileage. With bonuses and convoluted routing I've been able to do MCO-SFO, which is 4892 miles round trip and earn approx. 50,000 miles on that itinerary, by applying a status bonus + first class bonus + AA 25th anniversary promotional bonus + routing it MCO-MIA-RDU-DFW-ORD-SEA-SNA-SFO-SNA-SEA-ORD-DFW-RDU-MIA-MCO. Granted, it was a full day of flying each way, but A- my boss paid for it, and B- it was worth it. I flew across america and ended up wth enough miles for a free ticket to Europe. And this isn't counting the 2,300 miles I earned for staying in the right hotel and the 3,700 for renting the right car. Another one I did was TPA-SAT, but I routed it TPA-MIA-RDU-DFW-SAT-DFW-RDU-MIA-TPA, which with the aforementioned bonuses, brought a 2700 mile itinerary to an 11000 mile itinerary + 100 bonus miles for the rental car + 300 bonus for my hotel room. This one was half a day of flying for a 1 day training meeting in San Antonio, but well worth it :)

Right now I'm using my miles to go to Disneyland in February for free :)

I hope that clarifies the number.
:lol: I agree with Erika....pass the Advil, please. :animwink: Thanks for explaining.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm actually interviewing for a job to be a travelling trainer for Micros systems. Job is based out of Phoenix, but the only requirement is to live near a major airport. Huzzah! MCO is a major airport!
That puts me out of the running. I'm lucky if I can fly direct to Orlando out of this glorified private airport we have up here in Jax.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
That puts me out of the running. I'm lucky if I can fly direct to Orlando out of this glorified private airport we have up here in Jax.
JAX... yeah. I've flown out of there once. Not my favotire airport, to say the least :)

AliciaLuvzDizne

I edited it to add a second example, but I'll break it down for you.

MCO-SFO, Orlando to San Francisco. United offers a nonstop, but I hate United, so they aren't an option.

American, who I'm loyal to can do it with one stop, or I can pay $20 more in airport taxes and milk the system for more miles.

So first thing tuesday morning, I'm taking the 6:15am Orlando-Miami nonstop (RIP, stupid route cancellations). 45 minutes after landing, I'm on the Miami-Raleigh/Durham nonstop. 60 minutes after landing, I'm on my way to Chicago via Dallas/Fort Worth. 90 minutes later and 1 stop for lunch I'm en route to Seattle. 45 minutes later, I'm in Orange County/John Wayne Airport, and 30 minutes later, I'm on a lil regional jet to San Francisco. I land at 11:30pmish Pacific Time. Approximate travel time, 17 hours, 15 minutes. More than 3 times the time a sensible person would spend on the United nonstop, which would undoubtedly have gotten you the whole way safely (seriously, ask a United flight attendant for a glass of water, and they will answer "We are here for your safety, not your comfort or convenience"), but nothing more.

The TPA-SAT routing wasn't as lengthy (departed at 730am, landed at 830pm Central Time), but still pointless to anyone except me and a few others :)

*cough*adam*cough*
:lol:
:wave:
and now that he's working for the airline... *falls over*

NeverEnufDisney

I've flown Delta three times over the last few years with two of them this year. I chose Delta because it was cheap and all I expected was to get from point A to point B with no amenities. This year I flew out of Rochester, NY and used Comair regional shuttle and was shoehorned in. My carry-ons were red tagged and other than the cattle car mentality of the Delta operation I got to Orlando and back without incident. I bought the tickets months in advance and yes the flights were changed 3 times. The first time I flew Delta out of Buffalo they lost our luggage on the return flight along with most of the other passengers. They spent $150 next day delivering them to our house. I thought then it was a poor way to run an airline. Would I fly them again? Yes, but with the caveat that your willing to take poor service and deal with system wide stupidity for the cheap price. If you can't save enough to put up with this nonsense, then fly with another airline. I will be using US Air in April. They're not much better, but one has limited choices in upstate NY.

tink rules

Yes Jetblue is great, 89 dollars from Ft. Lauderdale to New York City & then 89 dollars back. :D

Jet Blue is supposed to be going out of Stewart Airport in Newburgh NY soon... a good option for those who don't want to go all the way into JFK for a flight. I know that they are doing direct to Orlando for like $89 each way...

dxwwf3

Just got back from my first trip flying and I was very pleased with Delta everything went wonderfully and I will definately fly them again when we go to Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom