Never been to WDW

mherickson4416

Original Poster
My wife and I are planning on taking our kids to WDW in Florida in December. I haven't been there since I was 13 years old. My kids have never been there. We had planned on doing a week there but I was laid off from work and money is now tight. However, we bought our airline tickets so were going down to Florida anyway. We're thinking we might try to hit Magic Kingdom for at least a couple days. I think we're going to pass on the other parks just for now because of the limited funds. Any tips on how to go to WDW for 1 to 3 days as cheap as possible. Best cheap hotels around Disney world? How to feed a family during the 3 days with limited funds? Or any other valuable advice on how we can make this enjoyable trip for our kids without sinking deep into debt.
Thanks.

wdwCC

My wife and I are planning on taking our kids to WDW in Florida in December. I haven't been there since I was 13 years old. My kids have never been there. We had planned on doing a week there but I was laid off from work and money is now tight. However, we bought our airline tickets so were going down to Florida anyway. We're thinking we might try to hit Magic Kingdom for at least a couple days. I think we're going to pass on the other parks just for now because of the limited funds. Any tips on how to go to WDW for 1 to 3 days as cheap as possible. Best cheap hotels around Disney world? How to feed a family during the 3 days with limited funds? Or any other valuable advice on how we can make this enjoyable trip for our kids without sinking deep into debt.
Thanks.

I would head to Kissimmee. The rates are cheaper and it's only a few minutes drive to the main gate.

Depending on when you are going, your time at MK will be limited. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts at 7pm on certain days and unless you have bought tickets to this extra event, the park closes at 7pm. I would have one day at MK, and one at EP. You can make a day in each park, just get an idea of what attractions want to hit, and plan your route through the park. But make sure you hit the afternoon and evening entertainment. Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom you can skip. For me the big draw at Studios is Fantasmic, but they don't show that every day. The safari is cool at Animal Kingdom as is Expedition Everest. Third day you could hit Downtown Disney, it's free to get in.

Food wise, :slurp: eat before for you get there, stick with counter service locations, Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland, Electric Umbrella over in Epcot are examples. Above all have fun! :) I hope this helps.

wide-eyed2wdw

Welcome and here are a few tips...

Welcome! This is my first post/reply! Sorry to hear about your job loss. I know from experience how hard that is. Stay positive! We found our trip to WDW was the perfect remedy for connecting us as a family. I hope that was true for you.

CAPTAIN HOOK

My opinion - if you've not been since you were 13 and the kids haven't been at all DON'T go until you can afford it. Disney is expensive but it ain't going anywhere. There's no point in doing a trip and saying no you can't have that, no we can't afford to eat there. we're not going to DHS, AK or EPCOT as we can't afford to.

Wait a couple of years, wait till you have the financial security of a job and go for a full week a spend $$$$$$$ and ENJOY YOURSELVES

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom