Never been to Harry Potter

BeachMouse

Original Poster
Doing a trip to Disney World but have never been to Harry Potter and thinking might like to go for a day. A few questions if someone can help please
How far is the drive from Disney to Universal?
Can you just go to Harry Potter park?
I heard there is a type of fast pass system there can you pay for like a 1 day experience at Harry Potter to ensure we get on everything?
Thank you

bhg469

Doing a trip to Disney World but have never been to Harry Potter and thinking might like to go for a day. A few questions if someone can help please
I heard there is a type of fast pass system there can you pay for like a 1 day experience at Harry Potter to ensure we get on everything?
Thank you
Less that 30 minutes drive.

No, both parks have potter lands, and neither is separate from the reto of the parks.. you need the park to park pass to enjoy them both and also ride Hogwarts express

Express pass is available and it's definitely worth it but it's very expensive unless you're staying at one of their premium resorts, then it's included. Express pass is not exclusive to Potter rides.

wdwfan4ver

Thank you
I am able to answer multiple things for you since back in August. I went to Universal for the first time ever I stated at Universal Deluxe hotel before staying at hotel on Disney property.

The Disney from Disney to Universal is not a far ride like @bhg469 mentioned.

There is not such a thing as a Harry Potter park. Both Universal Parks have a Harry Potter Land. Universal Studios Florida has Diagon Alley and Islands of Adventure has Hogsmeade. You are able to do both Harry Potterlands in a day by using Hogwarts Express from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade or Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley with the catch of you needing a parkpass.

I am a fan of Universal's type of a fast pass system, but there are 3 things about it.
  1. You have an option of Express pass and Unlimited Express pass. The Unlimited Express pass is 1 difference from Express pass with it being Unlimited allows you to do the same ride multiple times in a day besides doing almost all the rides in Universal Theme parks in Florida.
  2. You are better off staying at a Universal Deluxe hotel if you want to use Universal's fastpass system due to cost. If you stay at a Universal Deluxe hotel, you get unlimited Express pass for free for every day you stay at that hotel.
  3. You can't do all Harry Potter attractions with Express Pass. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is a ride that you can't use Express Pass on. You can use Express pass for rest of the Harry Potter Attractions as along as its not Hargrid's.

Instead of Express Pass for Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, you need to use standby line or Virtual line reservation.

Last edited:

bhg469

I am able to answer multiple things for you since I went to Universal for the first time ever. I stated at Universal Deluxe hotel before staying at hotel on Disney property.

The Disney from Disney to Universal is not a far ride like @bhg469 mentioned.

There is not such a thing as a Harry Potter park. Both Universal Parks have a Harry Potter Land. Universal Studios Florida has Diagon Alley and Islands of Adventure has Hogsmeade. You are able to do both Harry Potterlands in a day by using Hogwarts Express from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade or Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley with the catch of you needing a parkpass.

I am a fan of Universal's type of a fast pass system, but there are 3 things about it.
  1. You have an option of Express pass and Unlimited Express pass. The Unlimited Express pass is 1 difference from Express pass with it being Unlimited allows you to do the same ride multiple times in a day besides doing almost all the rides in Universal Theme parks in Florida.
  2. You are better off staying at a Universal Deluxe hotel if you want to use Universal's fastpass system due to cost. If you stay at a Universal Deluxe hotel, you get unlimited Express pass for free for every day you stay at that hotel.
  3. You can't do all Harry Potter attractions with Express Pass. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is a ride that you can't use Express Pass on. You can use Express pass for rest of the Harry Potter Attractions as along as its not Hargrid's.

Instead of Express Pass for Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, you need to use standby line or Virtual line reservation.
And I would add Hagrids is the best themed coaster in Orlando. Probably the best ride in Orlando as well!! Well worth a long standby line!

Minnesota disney fan

I don't know how you could do both HP lands in just one day? We last stayed for 2 days and did both parks and the other attractions at Universal. We could have stayed much longer at each HP land but didn't have the time with 2 days. There is so much to see and do in each land. There is knockturn alley in The studios side plus Gringotts attraction. Each store, area, and attraction is expertly done exactly like the movies. The whole areas are amazing. We liked the Studios side better, but just our opinion.
It can get expensive to do both IOA and Studios, even without the expensive express pass. It is not a cheap place to visit, but IMO it is worth it. Have fun!

James J

In the Parks
No
I don't know how you could do both HP lands in just one day? We last stayed for 2 days and did both parks and the other attractions at Universal. We could have stayed much longer at each HP land but didn't have the time with 2 days.
We've always managed to get both HP lands done (and the majority of both IoA and the Studios) in a day. Rope-drop at IOA and get the big hitters done, finishing off in Hogsmeade with the rides and stores there. We then head on over to the Studios via the Hogwarts Express and do everything HP, before finishing off the rest of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom