Nervous About Hurricane Season...

Deviant

Account Suspended
disneytopdog & TOTGuy, I'm about 30 minutes from both of y'all. I live in the most hated city in Texas. :wave:

Why are you so into Disney if you live in Arlington and have Six Flags as your backyard playground? :lol: Gee, I wonder why.

disneytopdog

disneytopdog & TOTGuy, I'm about 30 minutes from both of y'all. I live in the most hated city in Texas. :wave:

Why are you so into Disney if you live in Arlington and have Six Flags as your backyard playground? :lol: Gee, I wonder why.

SIX FLAGS!!!! You mean the glorified version of the State Fair. I worked at that dump for 9 years during High School and College. Have not been back since I quit in 1989. I am 4 miles from the place.

Deviant

Account Suspended
Six Flags is terribly boring these days. I like how they promote getting all the new rides this year and they are all, like you said, State Fair rides. Pathetic.

disneytopdog

Yeah...very pathetic....all those rides are carnival rides.....Its funny Six flags hates the comparison to Disney. But they copy what they do at every turn and do a poor job of it.

If I am going to go to a Six Flags type park..I would go to Cedar Point

Deviant

Account Suspended
Six Flags = Amusement Parks
Disney = Theme Parks

Huge different. I hate when people say "What's so great about Disney? Isn't it just a nice version of Six Flags?" :brick: :lol:

brich

My friend and I headed to WDW last October when Wilma was enroute. We stood in the rain that night as the storm made its way through the area. WDW was closed until noon the next day (and we lost our Cinderella lunch ressie. :cry: ), but the CMs were wonderful and the crowds light. I'll never forget us being the only ones eating lunch in Columbia Harbour House. We were able to have really nice chats with the CMs.

In short, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

We were there as well. Flew down a day or two before. I was pretty nervous. Should I be flying my family down with an oncoming hurricane as everybody else is flying out of there...?

We did MNSSHP that night in the pouring rain. Actually fun because many disappeared and went home.

The next morning we watched the wind and went out for lunch in the middle of the storm. Came back to our room and waited for the late opening of Epcot. I felt really safe at the resort throughout the whole storm. Wouldn't hesitate again to go down. As a matter of fact, I'll be there Sept 29 - Oct 9 so if any storms hit, we'll be there as well...:sohappy:

disneytopdog

Six Flags = Amusement Parks
Disney = Theme Parks

Huge different. I hate when people say "What's so great about Disney? Isn't it just a nice version of Six Flags?" :brick: :lol:

When I worked at Six Flags they would beat into our heads that Six Flags was the first "Theme Park" in america. Before I moved to Texas I lived in Granada Hills CA. We went to Disneyland all the time in the late 60's early 70's. The first time I went to Six Flags over TX I was so disappointed. It could never be compared to Disney.

TOTGuy

Original Poster
LOL Six flags...I have lived in Plano for over 11 years and have been to six flags only three times. Thats almost three times too many. Then that brings me to the thought of Universal Studios. I was in Hollywood three weeks ago and I was shocked when I saw a US employee literally yelling at guests. I was speechless! It was the worst thing I have ever seen. I have never seen anything remotely that rude at WDW. There's a reason we love that place!:)

disneytopdog

LOL Six flags...I have lived in Plano for over 11 years and have been to six flags only three times. Thats almost three times too many. Then that brings me to the thought of Universal Studios. I was in Hollywood three weeks ago and I was shocked when I saw a US employee literally yelling at guests. I was speechless! It was the worst thing I have ever seen. I have never seen anything remotely that rude at WDW. There's a reason we love that place!:)

I still have friends that work at SFOT...they told me that they make there employees pass thru a metal detector as they enter the employee entrance....WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO HIRING QUALITY PEOPLE AND SPENDING THE MONEY ON A BACKGROUND CHECK!!!!!

bayoutinkbelle

We were there as well. Flew down a day or two before. I was pretty nervous. Should I be flying my family down with an oncoming hurricane as everybody else is flying out of there...?

We did MNSSHP that night in the pouring rain. Actually fun because many disappeared and went home.

The next morning we watched the wind and went out for lunch in the middle of the storm. Came back to our room and waited for the late opening of Epcot. I felt really safe at the resort throughout the whole storm. Wouldn't hesitate again to go down. As a matter of fact, I'll be there Sept 29 - Oct 9 so if any storms hit, we'll be there as well...:sohappy:

We'll be there again Oct. 20-29. :lol:

Our families, friends and co-workers thought we were nuts, but we were determined. I drove and had no problems.

We attended Halloween Horror Nights in the pouring rain and then went back to our hotel to wait it out. We were off property on a third-floor room with a screened-in balcony. The next morning, we watched the local weather on television and off the balcony. It cleared up in late morning and we headed to MK. It was great! The storm really pushed some nice cool weather through.

Have fun on your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom