Nemo Goes Belly Up

Night_Aaron

Original Poster
I finally managed to get over to Animal Kingdom today to see Finding Nemo: The Musical. The show was pretty impressive until we got to the part where Nemo and Marlin reunite. Darla was trying to catch Nemo in a plastic bag and he flipped over to play dead. Just then the lights in the theater came on and an announcement was made that the show would resume momentarily. A minute later the show was cancelled due to technical difficulties. I understand that there are problems with live shows but it's a shame it had to end there. Nemo's dead and Marlin's heartbroken. Imagine how the kids in the audience must have felt seeing Nemo like that. If you hadn't seen the movie and didn't know it ended happily ever after you probably wouldn't be inspired to go rent the movie.

MiceysBestPal

The show is still in "previews/soft-openings."

Its a shame that they never "rectifed" the show with someone explaining the end.

It gets complex with union actors, and such, so I'm thinking it might be a problem to have somebody just "grab a mic" and tell the rest of the story (although, in hindsight, that would have been the right thing to do.)

The show is nearly over at the point you describe (I've seen it three times, all the way through).

Too bad they had to just "cut it off" with a floating Nemo... he's feighning death, BTW. ;)

kachow

This appears to be a common occurance. When we saw it in late November the show started with the curtain opening and then it immediately shut and they had to pause and restart in a minute or two. Then it got to the point where the mines explode and the lights came up and we were told the performance was being cancelled. We went to try to see it again a few days later and there were no problems. So it seems like it's hit or miss right now.

I will say, to anyone going, don't let what appears to be a very long line scare you off. There are a lot of seats in the theater. We got in line way back by the entrance to Dinoland and got in no problem.

Chase24

Crushed

We saw the show on Monday 12/11 and it looked a-ok, except Crushes head did not work, and was almost upside down the entire time he was on stage.

FireMedic

They will get this all taken care off

They will get it right Im shure. Im going back the end of Jan and hopfully thing will be a little more in check. It can only get better

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I finally managed to get over to Animal Kingdom today to see Finding Nemo: The Musical. The show was pretty impressive until we got to the part where Nemo and Marlin reunite. Darla was trying to catch Nemo in a plastic bag and he flipped over to play dead. Just then the lights in the theater came on and an announcement was made that the show would resume momentarily. A minute later the show was cancelled due to technical difficulties. I understand that there are problems with live shows but it's a shame it had to end there. Nemo's dead and Marlin's heartbroken. Imagine how the kids in the audience must have felt seeing Nemo like that. If you hadn't seen the movie and didn't know it ended happily ever after you probably wouldn't be inspired to go rent the movie.
i think the kids will live. it is a musical and they do see the little legs sticking out from the costumes. besides, do you really think a kid in this world that is at WDW hasnt seen Finding Nemo. i would be shocked.

RonAnnArbor

Show was working perfectly this past week -- with huge huge lines for every performance and not a disappointed camper in the bunch...

StitchFan21

i think the kids will live. it is a musical and they do see the little legs sticking out from the costumes. besides, do you really think a kid in this world that is at WDW hasnt seen Finding Nemo. i would be shocked.

I wouldn't be! My sister is 9 and until recently had never seen the Little Mermaid, and still hasn't seen most classics such as Peter Pan, BUT she LOVES Disney!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I wouldn't be! My sister is 9 and until recently had never seen the Little Mermaid, and still hasn't seen most classics such as Peter Pan, BUT she LOVES Disney!!!
yeh, but the little mermaid came out in 1989 and she wasnt alive yet. in 1989 movies werent as assessable as they are today.... meaning, in 89, every kid on the block didnt own a copy of the little mermaid. today, every kid owns a copy of Nemo, the incredibles etc etc.

trust me. my niece cant say jo-jo, but she can say Nemo.

:D

Starfire23104

Theres a finding nemo show? The only finding nemo show I've seen was turtle talk with crush. Maybe I wasn't there when it came out? Where was it? MGM Studios?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom