Need your opinions!!

vanryan

I know this is early but...

We (my husband, 2,6 and 8 year old) will be arriving on Friday April 9th at 8:00pm. We will stay with my in-laws that night and then have reservations at the Beach Club for 8 days. We will get 5 day park hoppers. So I am trying to get an idea of which park on which day, but I can't decide if the first day should be a park day? It will be Saturday after all & I just read another thread that said Sat is pretty busy, but Sunday is Easter. Maybe that week it will be so busy every day that Saturday or Sunday will make no difference? Kids will be excited to swim or go to the parks, but might be tired from the late flight? What do you all think? :confused:

raven

Originally posted by vanryan
I know this is early but...

We (my husband, 2,6 and 8 year old) will be arriving on Friday April 9th at 8:00pm. We will stay with my in-laws that night and then have reservations at the Beach Club for 8 days. We will get 5 day park hoppers. So I am trying to get an idea of which park on which day, but I can't decide if the first day should be a park day? It will be Saturday after all & I just read another thread that said Sat is pretty busy, but Sunday is Easter. Maybe that week it will be so busy every day that Saturday or Sunday will make no difference? Kids will be excited to swim or go to the parks, but might be tired from the late flight? What do you all think? :confused:

Easter is such a horrible time to go to WDW. I've never seen so many strollers in one place then I have a WDW during Easter week.

If indeed you are arriving on Easter weekend, stay away from the parks. Especially MK. There are plenty of other waterparks and shopping to do around the property that are less crowded. Your best bet for the rest of the week would be to arrive early, take a break back at your resort during the day, then go back in the Evening. The crowds at that time are really bad and kids get very irritated if they wait in the lines that are over an hour.

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

Are you going to do anything else in Orlando or are you planning on doing just Disney Parks? The Beach Club has a great pool to relax and swim in. If you don't want to go to a park on Easter Sunday sleep late, eat a late character breakfast at Cape May and spend time by the pool. Eat a late lunch at Beaches and Cream. You can't see the all of Illuminations from the bridge between BW and BC but you get a great idea and you can take in some of the night life on the boardwalk.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Regardless of the time of year or number of nights staying, the first day (sometimes 2 and 3 for longer trips) are always spent at the Resort outdoors to wind down.

And if you do go Easter Day, I'd go to any park but MK b/c that is the insanely crowded one. Try AK or MGM perhaps. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

we almost scheduled our trip to include Easter but the Guide books all said the crowds are insane. So instead we unknowingly scheduled Feb 9-15, PRESIDENT's Week!?! Ugg. :brick:
Oh well, not near as busy as Easter...

Upvote 0

susieQ

Going with a 4 year old child I have found it much easier to start with another park other than the Magic Kingdom. The Magic Kingdom is like the grand-daddy of them all for young kids, so my theory and I remember reading it somewhere, is to start them off elsewhere so that their expectations of the other parks is not as huge and you are not left with children wishing they were back at the Magic Kingdom instead!
I would definately start your vacation out on the right foot with a day of rest that first day. Swim in the pool, go to Downtown Disney, have a character meal at the hotel. Give yourselves all time to get adjusted to the magic all around you!
You are in a great position to have an 8 day stay, enjoy yourselves, take breaks for rest (a must for the younger ones and adults as well) in the afternoon, and when it gets too crazy, keep your sense of humor! And when it all gets too much head to the hotel pool, your kids will have probably as much fun there as anywhere!

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

i've been in the parks on Easter Sunday, and lemme tell ya, it's not pretty! well, the parks are pretty, of course, but the crowds are horrid! :animwink: :D anyway, the biggest part of the crowd goes to Magic Kingdom and stays until the Easter Parade, and after that they leave. the crowds are still pretty bad after the parade, just not AS bad.
SO my suggestion to you is just avoid the parks that weekend. try going to Downtown Disney one day. my family and i usually go to DTD the day of our arrival and then use the rest of the days as park days, and it works out very well for us. but if you or your kids absolutely HAVE to go into a park on Sat. or Sun., then just avoid MK...it seems to be the worst, imo. especially on Easter Sunday!
hope this helps!

good luck with your decision and have fun!! :wave:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We've been at WDW more Easters than I can count, just because my husband and I are both teachers, and we were locked into taking our kids only on school vacation weeks. STAY OUT of the Magic Kingdom on Easter Sunday! It's total gridlock, and you won't have any fun. If you really want to go to a park anyway, go to EPCOT. One year, we went to NASA on Easter Sunday and took their guided tour; it was practically deserted (but fun and educational).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom