Need your opinions on my situation please!

Minnietoo

We are staying at POR in Nov for the same reason. We are a family of 4 but the family we are traveling with is a family of 5 (One 8 yr old and win 6 yr olds) and we were told it was actually cheaper to stay at POR then book a suite at one of the value resorts.

The way we are all looking at it is we are there for the parks and not the hotels for us it is a place to sleep and shower. We are asking for connecting rooms so all 5 kids can go back and forth between the rooms.

I agree i wouldn't try to beat the system at all...

sarabi

Despite your two disclaimers that you are not trying to beat the system, when you proceed to ask us how to beat the system, one gets the impression that you are indeed trying to beat the system.
I sympathize with your economic concerns. That said, yes, it IS fire code.
Get two rooms with connecting doors and follow the rules, please. If you don't, whatever consequences there may be are deserved.

pooh071567

My brother has 3 kids, 9, 6 and 4. They always stay at POR and the kids love it. They get to connecting rooms and leave the door open. The 9 year old loves it because she get's her "own" room. The POR, IMO, is the best moderate. You can get a break from taking the bus by taking the boat to Downtown Disney. Give POR a try.

Yellow Shoes

I called this morning (June 3) and was told that there were no free dining rooms left at the value resorts.
The only moderate I was offered was Caribbean Beach.
Apparently there is no room at the inn at either Port Orleans property.

I pass along this information knowing good and well that it may change hourly, but I would not be surprised if your only options for 5 people are a deluxe resort at this point.

RPWS6

Original Poster
Thanks to all for your comments and advice. Well you have talked/guilted me into doing the right thing! Damm you all!! LOL!
I booked tonight at POR in a family suite, luckily with the free meal plan. We have 5 people, 6 night/7 day, POR std view, 7 day hopper, 7 day waterparks, free meal plan. $2699. Not really to bad of a price considering the free meal plan. But not the $2230 of the 4 person room either.??
Enough of you had good things to say about POR that we'll give it a try. I look forward to enjoying the trip without the worries described.
Thanks

Elonwy

Thanks to all for your comments and advice. Well you have talked/guilted me into doing the right thing! Damm you all!! LOL!
I booked tonight at POR in a family suite, luckily with the free meal plan. We have 5 people, 6 night/7 day, POR std view, 7 day hopper, 7 day waterparks, free meal plan. $2699. Not really to bad of a price considering the free meal plan. But not the $2230 of the 4 person room either.??
Enough of you had good things to say about POR that we'll give it a try. I look forward to enjoying the trip without the worries described.
Thanks

yay!!! :sohappy: Congratulations you're going to have a fabulous time. i think you did the right things because trying to duck the system, no matter how innocent the intention is, would have been stressful.

Please let us know what the kids thought of POR. Try to visit the pool at POFQ if you have time as well, it's completely different than the one at POR and the kids will get to see some Disney themeing at it's finest even without a 30' Lady and the Tramp.

Here's a couple pics from my last stay to get you in the mood.

Restaurant at POR
100_0047.jpg

Buildings/Rooms at POR
100_2254.jpg

Pool Slide at POFQ
100_2258.jpg

We'll be waiting for a trip report when you get back. You'll be a great help to other families of 5 or more trying to plan a trip.

kimmychad

If they would let us stay at more than 2 resorts, otherwise they can reccommend a deluxe resorts ot $4000 for the week. And of those 2 resorts, they go fast because there are not many suites. And buy the way, the cost of the 3rd child broken down on the cost of the suite at the All Star Music is about an extra $100 a day for 1 4 year old child!
Give me some options other than buy 2 rooms and stay in one and leave one empty. Why offer the meal plan for 4 and not for 5? Am I being punished for having 3 kids? I have done this with a family of 4 and there a a ton more options.

yes you're being punished for having 3 kids. Disney doesn't really appeal to the family much with their rooms, in my opinion. you can stay off property, save some money, and put it towards the cost of food.

abbeysmom

If you insist on staying on property I can completely understand but if there is a chance that you are willing to stay off property I would recommend ALL STAR VACATION HOMES. Some of them even have mini pools in a fenced area at each condo. We stayed there last March with my FIL and loved it. Very very upscale and nice. Pool was wonderful. We had 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths along with a complete kitchen, washer,dryer and living area. Very inexpensive considering what you got and only about 10 minutes to any park. I tried to get adjoining rooms at a Value resort since I didn't want my 81 year old FIL to be in a room far from us. They told me they would "try" but could not promise anything. He might not even be in the same building.... nah........ that was not going to happen.

DisneyJoe

You could save a good bit of money (~$260+) by removing the Water Parks and More option. Do you think you will be visiting the water parks more than once?

Yellow Shoes

^^^^^
Great idea.

Your kids are young enough that the pools at Riverside and French Quarter should keep them plenty happy.

IMHO, a water park is a full day affair, so it's not really as easy as popping back to your resort for a rejuvenating swim. Why pay for admission every day if you're only going once or twice?

And, yes, you can use either pool. Because they are "sister resorts" you can pool hop.

RPWS6

Original Poster
The waterparks were $50 more per person($250/wk) for a 7 day water hopper that includes both water parks and disney quest as well. The one day cost of a waterpark is $43 per day per person. The hopper gives you more options.

DisneyJoe

The waterparks were $50 more per person($250/wk) for a 7 day water hopper that includes both water parks and disney quest as well. The one day cost of a waterpark is $43 per day per person. The hopper gives you more options.
Agreed, yes, it does, if you have time to use them. To get your money's worth, you would need to go to the water parks twice or to a water park once and DisneyQuest once.

Just trying to save you some money.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money for a 4yo at either water parks or DisneyQuest.

RPWS6

Original Poster
Thanks for the $$ saving tips.
Unfortunatly, it's not that easy. The 6 and 8 year old also go where the 4 year old goes. So sometimes the 4 year old is to young for the 8 year olds rides and sometimes the 8 year old is board on the kiddy rides for the 4 year old. Just part of being a kid I guess. And blizzard beach does have a fun and good size little kid area.

The only other option is to save on $$ is to leave the 4 year old in the car for the day:lol:-just kidding, of course, we won't have a car!!!
We are planning on going to Disney quest and there are some free items that are included in the water hopper package. The water parks are a hit with our family, although we probably will not go to Typhoon Lagoon.

FatBoy976

have you considered fort wilderness campground? it's one of the best places for kids and they have many accommodations for your family size!

check it out! it may be your best bet!

Best advice ever! Get a cabin at Ft. Wilderness and all your problems are solved. Plenty of room, tons of stuff to do. It's nice and quiet because you are in your own building. I've stayed at the cabins many many times and never had a bad experience.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the $$ saving tips.
Unfortunatly, it's not that easy. The 6 and 8 year old also go where the 4 year old goes. So sometimes the 4 year old is to young for the 8 year olds rides and sometimes the 8 year old is board on the kiddy rides for the 4 year old. Just part of being a kid I guess. And blizzard beach does have a fun and good size little kid area.

The only other option is to save on $$ is to leave the 4 year old in the car for the day:lol:-just kidding, of course, we won't have a car!!!
We are planning on going to Disney quest and there are some free items that are included in the water hopper package. The water parks are a hit with our family, although we probably will not go to Typhoon Lagoon.
Typhoon lagoon is a blast. I like it much more than BB. If you have the time mix in a visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom