Need Your Help/Expertise...

Ok, so here's the situation:

Whole family is going to Disney, total of 17 people. Three families (out of the 5) REALLY need this trip to be as cheap as possible. They DO know they're going to Disney, and all three are saving, but to help them out as much as possible, I'm doing everything I can to find the cheapest prices.

We want to go in June of 2008, from a Saturday to a Sunday. We will get the 6 or 7 Day Park Hopper Passes, and there's where I'm stuck.

Here is who's going:

My family (5): Dad, Mom, 25 year old, 21 year old, 16 year old
Simon's (3): Dad, Mom, 25 year old
Baker's (3): Mom, 23 year old, 21 year old
McMahon's (2): Mom, 8 year old
Caliaro's (4): Dad, Mom, 5 year old, 3 year old

I looked into the suites at the All-Star Music, and we would need 3 suites. This cost would be around $2170 per suite, or $1302 per family. While this would fit everyone, it would be much cheaper to get individual rooms, ie. $986 per room times 4 rooms. (This way, only four families would have to pay for a room, and my cousin Missy and her little girl Britt wouldn't need to pay for a full room for just the two of them.) If we do this, everyone has a bed except little Carter, the 3 year old.

Can he be put in a crib?
Can a c0t be pulled in for him?
Though it wouldn't be honest, could we not count him and then the only bad thing would be he couldn't get in for extra magic hours in the morning? (He would need a bracelet or something, right? Or do they not give 3 year olds bracelets?) We would of course still get him a ticket to the parks. (His would just be purchased seperately.)
Any other suggestions, honest or otherwise?

We don't care about space - we fit all 17 people plus Grandma, Grandpa, & another aunt and uncle in my grandparents four bedroom house every Christmas for the past however many years. (And one shower. Ah, the memories...)

You guys are all great, and I appreciate all the help :~)

Dwarful

Yes! Go with PAM! We went with Pam on our Dec trip with 3 rooms at CSR with 12 in our group. She is currently handling the next trip in August staying onsite with nearly 40 in our group! I'd stay onsite at the values vs staying offsite. with such a large group disney transportation is great.

Plus, you may want to consider the dining plan. yes its money up front, but if Pam can get you some discounts then that saved money could go to your food costs. When going with a group the dining plan is cheaper because all groups of 8 or more at sit downs/buffets automatically get a 20% tip added on to the meal costs. With the dining plan, tips are included. Plus its a great way to insure that those on a budget still eat more than chicken strips and french fries.

Upvote 0

luvGoofy

Kingdom Konsultants is wonderful at finding discounts and such. We use them all the time and they are great. We also joined AAA for the room only discount because that was pretty good also.:)

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

Amy, in your original post you said:
Whole family is going to Disney, total of 17 people. Three families (out of the 5) REALLY need this trip to be as cheap as possible. They DO know they're going to Disney, and all three are saving, but to help them out as much as possible, I'm doing everything I can to find the cheapest prices.

But your follow up comments don't back this up. Posters have made some great suggestions for holding down costs: renting a house; staying offsite; skipping the dining plan; staying in a cabin at Ft Wilderness; fewer park days etc, but you have dismissed these as not acceptable because they don't fit into the idea of the trip you want (not camping; onsite; EMH; transportation; every day a park day and the convenience of the dining plan).

Perhaps you are really trying to make it as nice as possible for not so much money? That's an absolutely great goal - and one we aim for when we go - but it's different than trying to be as cheap as possible. It is possible to do Disney very cheaply - but not with the perks you're looking for. Obviously I don't know your family, but if it's true that "3 of the 5 families [which is over half of the group] REALLY need the trip to be as cheap as possible", then you may need to give up some of what you personally want in order to make it more affordable for everyone else.

Upvote 0

Keetz

When my family went, we stayed at the All star resort. our room even adjoined to the one next to us, so that is an option for you. Since there will be at least one little one traveling with you, I definatly recomend staying on WDW property. If the child starts to get too cranky, they can always take a bus back to the hotel for a nap. This is extremely helpful if you are trying to stay in the part to watch the parade of lights at night(A MUST SEE FOR FIRST TIME VISITORS).

Most hotels will bring in a single bed for 1 extra person, so there should not be a problem there. Just double check it with the reservation line people. You will probably want to book over the phone for such a large group so that all rooms are relatively together rather than being split into different hotel buildings. We stayed in the All-Star Movier resort and there are at least 2 buildings to Allstar Movies.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I still say go for being on property and with a big group try to pay for the dining plan rather than paying for food at the parks.
Some options is to allow each family to stay on property and have the EMH and dining plan are:
-allow each family to pick their own length of stay. Perhaps those on tighter budgets join the fun for four days instead of 7
-allow each family to decide if they really must have the hop option on the tickets and skip the no exp. option...that right there will knock off some $$

You really need to find out how much everyone in the group can pay and then contact Pam! Good luck! It can be done!

Upvote 0

KHockett

I wholeheartedly recommend Kingdom Konsultants. They planned a trip for me with 23 people and we ended up paying $800 per person including airfare, park tickets, the Dining plan while staying at Pop Century. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!! And we stayed for 6 days 5 nights!

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
Amy, in your original post you said:

But your follow up comments don't back this up. Posters have made some great suggestions for holding down costs: renting a house; staying offsite; skipping the dining plan; staying in a cabin at Ft Wilderness; fewer park days etc, but you have dismissed these as not acceptable because they don't fit into the idea of the trip you want (not camping; onsite; EMH; transportation; every day a park day and the convenience of the dining plan).

Perhaps you are really trying to make it as nice as possible for not so much money? That's an absolutely great goal - and one we aim for when we go - but it's different than trying to be as cheap as possible. It is possible to do Disney very cheaply - but not with the perks you're looking for. Obviously I don't know your family, but if it's true that "3 of the 5 families [which is over half of the group] REALLY need the trip to be as cheap as possible", then you may need to give up some of what you personally want in order to make it more affordable for everyone else.

I should've made myself more more clear; these three families do not want to have to deal with the hassle of renting a car, so offsite isn't really an option. They would like the easy transpo back to the hotels so the kids can nap.

I also never said we were doing the Dining Plan; just wondering if it would cheaper in the long run and save time at dinner with splitting checks, passing around $$, etc.

Two of the three families are campers, but I mentioned this to them and they checked it out; (they are not TENT campers) Renting an RV with all the hook-ups or a Cabin will still be more expensive than a room at the All Star if we all try and split the costs.

The 5 Day passes at Undercover Tourist.com are cheaper than the 5 Day passes on the Disney site, PLUS they have added 2 days free. So there is no one spending extra $$ on tickets, plus there is more park time and less of a hurry.

I guess I didn't really think to specify that we all agreed on an on-site hotel (so the kids can take advantage of early EMH and the adults can take advantage of Evening EMH and the easy transpo back and forth, also so we don't have to rent 3 vans or 4 cars) with 5 Day passes (with 2 days added on for free.) I'll be more clear next time.

I wholeheartedly recommend Kingdom Konsultants. They planned a trip for me with 23 people and we ended up paying $800 per person including airfare, park tickets, the Dining plan while staying at Pop Century. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!! And we stayed for 6 days 5 nights!

Wanted to thank everyone for the friendly suggestions - you guys are wonderful! Also, I mentioned Kingdom Konsultants to the family, and they thought it was a wonderful idea!! When we have things more cemented, I will certainly be contacting them! :animwink: Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Of course let Pam handle it all. But go for the dining plan. You will have to get a one day ticket, but with a group your size you will save a ton of money on the tips alone! It will all work out and then you will have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom