Need some princess help please!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Having no daughters myself, I have never had to concern myself much with the WDW princess scene, but I am trying to help my friends who are about to plan their first ever trip to the World with their 5-year-old daughter. She is, of course, all princesses all the time, lol!

I am looking for suggestions as to the best places to dine with princesses and the best princess meet and greets.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

I second Akershus. You get several princesses at one shot. We did the last reservation of the day and found the restaurant to be 2/3 full. We didn't feel rushed in the one-on-one time, and all the kids had a chance to join the parade. You might ask who the "favorite" is as there are a couple who are harder to meet. My niece loves Mulan, but there were more limited opportunities to meet her. They really had to plan around that meeting time.

JIMINYCR

1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian for dinner.

Last time we visited, there was Cinderella, Prince Charming, Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine. Just one princess, but all the characters were amazing, specially the villains.

I also give a good review of 1900. Weve been to all of the character dining areas and the 1900 experience has been better because the characters seem to spend more time at the tables interacting with everyone than others.

Animaniac93-98

Best to ask what Princess(es) they want to see the most and plan around that. Different meals have different princesses, and some like Tiana and Elsa never do them. Here's a general overview:

Bon Voyage [breakfast only]: Rapunzel, Ariel + their boyfriends

1900 Park Fare [dinner only]: Cinderella characters only (the prince, stepfamily and herself)

Artist Point [dinner only]: Snow White characters only (Evil Queen, Grumpy, Dopey, and Snow)

Cinderella's Royal Table [3 meals a day]: Cinderella guaranteed, plus four others like Ariel, Jasmine, Snow White and Aurora. If Belle is there she's in her blue village dress as her yellow gown is too big to squeeze between the tables (yes, really!). Rapunzel on rare occasions.

Akershus [3 meals a day]: 5 princesses total, but other than Belle in the lobby it's the least consistent. Most of the time it's Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella and Snow White going from table to table, but you could also see Jasmine, Mary Poppins, Mulan or Alice in Wonderland. The reason is that they sometimes pull CMs who do other meet and greets elsewhere in World Showcase, so that's why there's a wider range of characters who may show up.

Grand Floridian Princess Tea [select mornings]: Aurora only, and it's over $300 for 1 adult and 1 child.

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare does not have any princesses, but is still fun with Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Thank you so much to everyone who has responded! You all have really helped me out with some great suggestions! Much appreciated!

yedliW

I was very disappointed with the food at Akershus (especially for the price). The princess interaction was good, We were seated by the fireplace, when Mary Poppins came by, she stuck her head in, looking up the flue and called for Bert.

For me, the princesses weren't enough to out weigh the food and price..

Animaniac93-98

I was very disappointed with the food at Akershus (especially for the price). The princess interaction was good, We were seated by the fireplace, when Mary Poppins came by, she stuck her head in, looking up the flue and called for Bert.

For me, the princesses weren't enough to out weigh the food and price..

Did you go for breakfast? For food I think it's one of the worst character breakfasts in terms of variety (very little) and quality (just OK).

At least there's more at the buffets, even if it doesn't taste any better.

The main reason to book breakfast at Akershus is to get an 8:00am reservation on a day the park opens at 9:00am. Then you can be done eating and be among the first in line for the Frozen ride.

yedliW

Did you go for breakfast? For food I think it's one of the worst character breakfasts in terms of variety (very little) and quality (just OK).

At least there's more at the buffets, even if it doesn't taste any better.

The main reason to book breakfast at Akershus is to get an 8:00am reservation on a day the park opens at 9:00am. Then you can be done eating and be among the first in line for the Frozen ride.

Yes, it was breakfast. The food was not good.

But you are right about the proximity to Frozen Ever After.. we had a 9a ADR on a 9a park opening day.. we got there right as the ride was opening, our table wasn't quite ready yet, so we were one of the first ones on the ride!

Unless you are looking specifically for princesses, Garden Grille is a much better option for breakfast.. much better food and better character interaction.

Victor Kelly

Isn't there a breakfast somewhere on property with Repunzel and Flynn?

I second the restaurant in Norway. My spelling is horrible. All the major princesses are there. They are also all around world showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom