Need some hotel help in Nashville

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Hey Guys

I'm needing some help finding a hotel room in Nashville close to Centennial Hospital. I'm having surgery and family needing a place to stay. the days are March 9,10 and the 11th. I just need one room, 2 beds its for 2 adults and 2 kids and looking for something cheap. If anybody could help I would appeciate it. thanks Jason

macsmom

I thought I would help you look by going to tripadvisor.com. Had a great time looking at all the different hotels! But, not sure how much you want to spend - 3 star or 5? So, I recommend you go to tripadvisor.com and see what you can find. You can even put in Centennial Hospital and the search will show you hotels all around.

Hope things go well during your stay.

danna

JustPlainBill

I stayed in two hotels last year in and around Nashville on our way to and back from WDW, from my estimation they look to be further away than you may like. One was the Guesthouse Inn, Music City on McGavock Pkwy, on the eastside of Nashville. It was a comfortable hotel, I've stayed in better but it was ok. By coincidence the Country Music Awards were going on at the same time, the joint was packed to the gills and jumpin', as was the rest of Nashville, glad I made reservations 6 months in advance! Things get dicey when you have so many people, so I may not have caught them at their best. The other one was the Holiday Inn just south of Nashville in Antioch called the crossroads. The service was a bit better and the amenities too, but the housekeeping was a little off. A lot of cobwebs in the corners, but otherwise everything else was good. Before last year the last time I went through Nashville there was a Holiday Inn I stayed at very close to downtown Nashville, 15 years or so ago, near the rt. 24/65 interchange that was an excellent yet inexpensive hotel. I wanted to stay there again. It must have either been torn down or converted into something else, because I couldn't find it again. It was in a ten to fifteen story building and had a restaurant down in the lobby that had a railroad theme, very nice. Too bad it's not around anymore. I did a lot of research when I was planning my road trip to Florida and found it difficult to make a decision on which hotel to stay at in Nashville overnight. Reading the reviews weren't as helpful as you would think. I was more worried about the neighborhood the hotel was in more than anything, trying to minimize my family's exposure to crime as much as possible. I've read horror stories of people straying into bad parts of Chicago by taking a wrong exit off the interstate and winding up in some really bad places, having very bad things happen to them. I know most of the good and bad places to be in Chicago, having spent most of my life there, Nashville, not so much. Safety being a very big concern of mine, especially where my family's concerned. You'd be suprised how many people don't even think about it until it's too late.

prberk

i have been to Nashville often. The hospital is very near Vanderbuilt University, and so any hotel listing Vanderbuilt in its name will be close.

They have a listing on their webpage of nearby lodging. Hope this helps:

http://www.centennialmedicalcenter....ontentID=8D92A930-9B89-4116-99D5-5C78722211C7

Paul

P.S.: If you need a break from visitors at sometime during your recovery and your family wants a short distraction, I would suggest a short trip to the Ryman Auditorium, which is downtown -- just a little ways East from the hospital on West End Ave (which turns into Broadway), and then left on Fifth Street. It even has free short-term parking! And right there on Broadway at Fifth is the famous Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and the original Ernest Tubb Record Shop. Easy stuff to see in a short time, and a good break for your family if they (or you) need it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom