Need some advise

Disney Family 4

This is my first post here so I hope I picked the correct place to put it.

I am looking for some advice on a trip my wife and I have planned to WDW. We have been several times in the past and always have stayed at the Contemporary due to the convenience being close to magic kingdom and the monorail transportation. However we have been discussing giving other resorts a chance Like Port Orleans or Pops (something not on the monorail. My only hold up on this is transportation issues to and from the park. We normally book breakfasts early at the parks before they open and its easy to hop on the monorail to goto Epcot or Magic Kingdom on those days, when we do a breakfast at Animal kingdom we have had to take a Cab because the buses were not running yet, and we all know that cabs there at the parks are not cheap.

I guess I am wanting to hear what other people have done and if they have run into issues getting to the parks early.

We have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for the last 4 trips. Our favorite place to stay. It's much smaller than other hotels and there is no sit down restaurant. Personally I think it's a quieter more laid back hotel and not as many kids as I've seen at other Disney spots. We have never had too bad of a bus problem though sometimes you can wait a long time for a bus. The buses will always stop at French Quarter first and then Riverside so you have a better chance of getting a seat when going to one of the parks. Coming back from the parks the buses only go to FQ. You also have the boat to DTD area which is a fun evening trip.

Also I'm not 100% sure but I think the rooms are slightly smaller than other hotels. Maybe someone else can confirm that. We always get 2 connecting rooms so it's never a problem but just throwing that out there.

and congrats on your first post!!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Firstly, welcome!!! Our family is the same way regarding transportation, and basically stay at deluxes due to the ease of getting to a fro, either monorail, boats or buses. Having said that, we still love POFQ, and visit every trip. My son has stayed at the Pop, and although he really liked it, he said he missed the monorail, and how easy it was to get to MK and Epcot. The rooms are smaller than the deluxes too, but then again, how much time to do spend in your room? It all comes down to dollars and cents and, how important transportation is to you and your family. We have done cabs to AKL for Boma breakfast. It was $20 with tip from the Poly. You do always have that option for early morning ADRs too! By staying at a moderate resort, you would save a ton of money, so the few cab rides may not be so bad :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This is my first post here so I hope I picked the correct place to put it.

I am looking for some advice on a trip my wife and I have planned to WDW. We have been several times in the past and always have stayed at the Contemporary due to the convenience being close to magic kingdom and the monorail transportation. However we have been discussing giving other resorts a chance Like Port Orleans or Pops (something not on the monorail. My only hold up on this is transportation issues to and from the park. We normally book breakfasts early at the parks before they open and its easy to hop on the monorail to goto Epcot or Magic Kingdom on those days, when we do a breakfast at Animal kingdom we have had to take a Cab because the buses were not running yet, and we all know that cabs there at the parks are not cheap.

I guess I am wanting to hear what other people have done and if they have run into issues getting to the parks early.

Hey there, We usually stay at Deluxes, GF is our favorite. But our trip in September last year we switched to PORS (you can see more specifics in my trip report). We liked the resort, we liked food court, we had a Royal Room and loved it. BUT...the only BUT...due to the terrible issues with buses and transportation, we decided that we would stay at Deluxes in the future, even if it means staying less time. The buses, especially to MK, was just so hard to deal with. We had an early morning ADR at CRT for our last day and had enough of the buses so we took a cab. We just couldn't stand the stress of the buses any more. If we didn't have ADR's, it probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but for us, we love those early ADR's too.

Upvote 0

Disney Family 4

Original Poster
We have already reserved our room only for our trip in early 2014 at the Contemporary but was just shocked at the cost $3700.00 for 7 nights. :eek: thats no tickets no meal plan (we do deluxe dining) I can remember when this whole trip with our flights was under $4000.00 After seeing the price is when we started talking about looking at other options.

Upvote 0

luv

I've never had a problem getting to the MK early. I only went to the AK for an early breakfast once, but I had no problem there either. I did drive to all my breakfasts, though.

So, I don't think I'm any help there.

The Disney hotel costs are ridiculous. You can get sooo much more for less off the Disney property. Paying Disney prices is something everyone has to decide for himself, though! There is no wrong decision! I totally get why people want to stay in the bubble!

But good question! And in the words of Flik, "Welcome! Welcome to our show!" ;) :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom