Need some advice on riding Remy

loneguitar

Original Poster
My family and I have a trip planned for mid January and have made all of our park reservations. I have not made a park reservation for Epcot as we usually park hop there and spend evenings there. What will be my best option to ride Remy? Would doing the pay per ride be our best option?

arich35

My family and I have a trip planned for mid January and have made all of our park reservations. I have not made a park reservation for Epcot as we usually park hop there and spend evenings there. What will be my best option to ride Remy? Would doing the pay per ride be our best option?
If you are park hopping to Remy that is the only way to ride it. If you have a park reservation for Epcot you can try for boarding groups at 7 AM and 1 PM

DVC Ted

Buying the Individual Lightning Lane for Remy will also save you some time and get you onto the ride quicker. We just got back from a week at WDW. We had two days planned at Epcot and got boarding groups both days. Even though we had boarding groups, we had a 30 to 45-minute wait each day.

JIMINYCR

I'd hate paying out more money but pay per ride will at least give you a guarantee you will get to do it. Knowing its a premiere attraction everyone is looking to get on so snagging a boarding group is again a pretty difficult option due to the competition of guests trying to get one. If you are looking for more certainty then pay.

Weather_Lady

(Assuming the current procedures are still in place when you visit...)

If you have no Epcot park reservation and will be hopping there, your best bet is to get there right at 2pm and hope there are still boarding group spots available from the 1pm "drop." Once you've tapped in, you can reserve one. (Word on the street is that the 1pm drop can be gone with a short time if there are high crowds, and can stay open for hours at times of low crowds. In mid-January, especially on a weekday, I'd think you'd have a decent shot at getting one at 2pm.)

If there are no boarding groups available, your only option at that point would be to purchase individual lighting lane access.

Worldlover71

Where are you staying? It was announced the other day that Remy will be included in the extra hours nights (Mondays) for those staying at deluxe resorts, the Swan & Dolphin and Shades of Green. There was no announcement about whether there will be boarding groups or a stand-by line during these extra hours.

loneguitar

Original Poster
We are at Yacht club, but are there Wed-Sun so Monday would be out. Just to confirm I don’t need a park pass to buy a lightning lane option for that day correct? Thinking of doing MK Wed until 4 or so hopping over riding Remy and dinner at Chefs De France then heading back to Mk for extra hours

Eric Graham

We went to Disney World last month for the 50th and used Genie and Lightning Lanes to book ride. If you stay on property, then you can sign up for ride at 7 am from your resort. We had no problem booking the ride for 10 am when we used the app.

nickys

Premium Member
We are at Yacht club, but are there Wed-Sun so Monday would be out. Just to confirm I don’t need a park pass to buy a lightning lane option for that day correct? Thinking of doing MK Wed until 4 or so hopping over riding Remy and dinner at Chefs De France then heading back to Mk for extra hours
Correct, you can buy ILLs for Remy even if you don’t have an Epcot reservation. And you can do so at 7am since you’re staying onsite.

You can also try for the 1pm drop of BGs once you hop to Epcot (to try for the 7am drop you must have an Epcot reservation).

mightynine

As said, under your current plans, hoping spots from the 1pm BG are still available when you hop over to Epcot, but you’d best be there right at 2. If not, ILL is the only option.

I paid $9 for an ILL last week when I forgot to tap in for the 7am BG by a minute. I wouldn’t pay again, but I did enjoy the ride. Managed to get two more boarding groups that trip, and never waited more than 30-40 minutes.

RoadiJeff

We went to Disney World last month for the 50th and used Genie and Lightning Lanes to book ride. If you stay on property, then you can sign up for ride at 7 am from your resort. We had no problem booking the ride for 10 am when we used the app.
You can try for the virtual queue at 7:00am from anywhere in the world as long as you have a ticket to Epcot for that day. It doesn't have to be done from a Disney property resort.

Djsfantasi

This entire thread is scary. Before all these arcane procedures, I could schedule my day and do everything I wanted and more. Getting a boarding group for RotR was difficult. Took me four trips to get one. But the ride was all tote more enjoyable when I got it.
With Genie+, I don’t know if I will get to do what I want (and paid for) or not. Then, there are multiple ways to get on a ride instead of one or two. Standby, virtual queue, ILL… And it may take multiple attempts to get on a ride in one day.
People complained that there was too much pre-planning necessary. But now, you CAN’T pre-plan, are forced to waste your time while at the parks planning on the fly, which is complicated by gaming multiple options.
I’ll see in January. I’ve pre-bought Genie+. And I’ll but ILL. But it sticks in my craw.

RoadiJeff

A conflicting message on my WDW app from earlier this morning. :D

Screenshot_20211211-121011_Disney World.jpg

Fox&Hound

I agree with others that I would buy it once but not again. Too jerky and it made us all feel a little nauseous. Cute ride though but could use a little something...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom