Need More Peter Pan Merchandise

1DisneyDad

Original Poster
With the popularity of ride and one of the most enduring characters I always feel like we should see more PP Merchandise in the parks. Plenty of Tink but aside from one hat and pins I really don't see a lot. PP is my favortie character and would love to get a grown up shirt to wear. Do you agree?

belledream

I agree. (I'm not a huge fan of Tinkerbell, but that's beside the point). It would be cute for little boys to run around dressed up as Peter Pan like girls and their princess dresses!

It's sad that there are so many classic characters, the ones that really epitomize classic Disney films, are so overlooked. Instead of having every single t-shirt or autograph book plastered with Tinkerbell, Anna & Elsa, and Stitch, how about we remember some of our good friends such as Peter Pan, Hercules (and Meg!), Mulan (don't even get me started on POC portrayal lol), Roger and Anita Radcliffe, just as a few examples. Someone needs to really sit down with Disney Merchandising and have a good talk with them. Or they could just hire me :p

I agree 1000%. Peter Pan is not only one of my favorite books, but he is my all-time favorite literary character. It's frustrating trying to find Peter Pan merchandise and all you get is Tinkerbell.
Especially because even the Tinkerbell that is marketed now is NOT the same Tinkerbell that we all know and love from the original Peter Pan movie. I mean, yes, technically she's the same fairy, but anyone who has seen PP and any of the recent incarnations of Pixie Hollow knows that Tink has changed quiiiiiite a bit!

Californian Elitist

Especially because even the Tinkerbell that is marketed now is NOT the same Tinkerbell that we all know and love from the original Peter Pan movie. I mean, yes, technically she's the same fairy, but anyone who has seen PP and any of the recent incarnations of Pixie Hollow knows that Tink has changed quiiiiiite a bit!

I can't stand what Disney has done to her character. It's a shame, really.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

I can't stand what Disney has done to her character. It's a shame, really.

I've always hated Tink in PP. She was just not nice.
But now that she is in the Disney fairies movies, we got to see a whole new side of Tink, and I love her! I know many people who feel the same.
To each their own, I guess.

Californian Elitist

I've always hated Tink in PP. She was just not nice.
But now that she is in the Disney fairies movies, we got to see a whole new side of Tink, and I love her! I know many people who feel the same.
To each their own, I guess.

She's not supposed to be nice, and she sure as heck isn't supposed to talk. That is how J.M. Barrie created her. Have you ever read the original play/novel?

Disney has taken Tinkerbell, a well-known character, and turned her into something she's not. The Disney Fairy movies have tainted her name.

To me, Tinkerbell from PP and the "new" Tinkerbell aren't even the same character. They have completely different personalities, and the new Tink actually speaks and has nothing to do really with Neverland and the Lost Boys, etc. While I do think the new Tink is a cute and fun character, she is NOT the classic Tinkerbell. They should have made the new line of fairies without totally transforming Tinkerbell, maybe even making the "Tink" character one of Tinkerbell's granddaughters or something, but not HER, you know?

JIMINYCR

I agree. I can never understand why they dont have more merchandise of some of the most beloved characters. As soon as we start our vacation we're on a WDW wide Jiminy hunt, and probably discover only one or two items in the entire property to buy. But go on E-bay and theres pages and pages of assorted items available. Disney's missing out on LOTS of revenue. Last time we went even the stuffed Jiminy's were missing from the stores.

Monkee Girl

It's funny people mention Jiminy. Peter Pan and Pinocchio are my two most beloved Disney movies and for some reason people always choose those two to talk about. Peter Pan is also my favorite character in pretty much all media as well and I wish there was more stuff out there for us classic fans. When you look up 'Peter Pan' in the character section of the Disney Store, it's almost all Tink. Doesn't she have her own section??? Come on!

So, there are three things I look for:

1. Peter Pan Merch
2. Pinocchio Merch
3. Aurora in Blue Merch.

I do have some favorite pieces I found in the parks. Two are a Peter and Pinoc snow globes. I'll take pics and show them. Another is a Peter Pan ride music figurine. He is standing on the ship and it plays 'You can fly' while Wendy and the boys fly around. It's pretty cool.

As for clothing, you can go to the 'create a shirt store' at Down Town Disney. I made a really cool Pinocchio shirt a year ago or so (though I can't seem to find it now). Fit like a dream too. But you can get Peter and characters like that (though...no Aurora in blue, lol)

tcool

To me, Tinkerbell from PP and the "new" Tinkerbell aren't even the same character. They have completely different personalities, and the new Tink actually speaks and has nothing to do really with Neverland and the Lost Boys, etc. While I do think the new Tink is a cute and fun character, she is NOT the classic Tinkerbell. They should have made the new line of fairies without totally transforming Tinkerbell, maybe even making the "Tink" character one of Tinkerbell's granddaughters or something, but not HER, you know?
Actually I think Tink is speaking in fairy language, but since this is a Movie we are going to hear an actual language. In The Pirate Fairy when Zarina Talks to James she's actually jingling. When Tink talks to the girl In the Great Fairy Rescue Tink's Word come out as a jingle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom