Need June experts

Ok Disney June experts. Over the past 15 years my family & I usually vacationed in April (spring Break) It was crowded but we managed. Once we went in July for 2 days & never again!! (That was a last min. trip with my neice & nephew who had never been.) I've been in Sept. Oct & 2nd week in Dec. all of which were easy to get around & weather was great. I think I waited 10 mins for Soarin & 15 for Rockin Roller Coaster during those visits.

We are set to go between June 14th & 19th. Just how bad will it be? I know the 14th will be the last Star Wars event. We're staying at AKL since it's our home resort. Any insight will be appreciated.

Well since its June and its summer in most parts of the United States it will most likely be crowded. The wait times are usually 60+ minutes. Try not to think about the crowds and the waits and just remember to have fun.

JustPlainBill

I'm no expert...but we went the 2nd and 3rd week of June in 2007 and it wasn't so bad. It was better than the last week of July, first week in August we did last year.

Most of the attractions were less than a 20-30 minute wait except the headliners which were up to 45 to 120 minutes. We used the fastpass system on those rides, (ToT, Soarin', etc.) It wasn't too hot yet 80 - 90 degrees F.

The earlier you go in June the better as it goes further into the month schools let out for summer and the crowds get bigger.

We stayed away from DHS when the Star Wars stuff was going on, figuring it would be too crowded.

cdatkins

Planning is the key if you don't want to stand in line all day.

A couple of tips:

1. Don't go to any park when it's having extra magic hours.

2. Grab a fastpass for the big rides and then wait in the normal lines for the smaller, less crowded rides. I.e. if you fastpass Soarin you can go do Listen to the Land and Imagination (neither of which should have a wait for more than 10-20 minutes in June) and when you are done you use our Soarin fastpass. You just converted 60 min in the Soarin queue into 2 additional rides.

Lampshade

I've never been to Disney any other time except for June and early August.

The crowds are actually less in June than August, from my experience. Just try to stay away from the parks with the Extra Magic Hours, until the Extra Magic Hours. It will save you a lot of time and aggravation.

look1angel

Original Poster
Planning is the key if you don't want to stand in line all day.

A couple of tips:

1. Don't go to any park when it's having extra magic hours.

2. Grab a fastpass for the big rides and then wait in the normal lines for the smaller, less crowded rides. I.e. if you fastpass Soarin you can go do Listen to the Land and Imagination (neither of which should have a wait for more than 10-20 minutes in June) and when you are done you use our Soarin fastpass. You just converted 60 min in the Soarin queue into 2 additional rides.

Why wouldn't I take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours? I've only done the EMH once back in October & it seemed nice knowing only resort guest could take advantage of this, so sorry if I seem a bit confused. In fact I believe MK on the 19th is supposed to remain open till 2 or 3 am.

The fastpass & your idea with Soarin is a thumbs up.

Frozen water another great tip!!

We leave tomorrow so thanks everyone :sohappy:

MicheleK

You lucky duck you, leaving tomorrow :lol:. We're leaving four weeks from Tuesday and am getting very excited :sohappy:. Have a wonderful time and most of all RELAX and ENJOY!! ;)

cdatkins

Why wouldn't I take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours? I've only done the EMH once back in October & it seemed nice knowing only resort guest could take advantage of this, so sorry if I seem a bit confused. In fact I believe MK on the 19th is supposed to remain open till 2 or 3 am.

Because everyone does the extra magic hours, making the park more crowded. Head to the non-EMH parks for a much less crowded experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom