Need help with planning for tall guests

RPMdfw

My family is going to be vacationing during the week of Spring Break (March 15th thru the 22nd) and my sister's fiance is joining us. He's a big fella (6 foot 10 inches tall). My question is do we need to take anything special into consideration for him? Any attractions he might have problems with? Any that he might not fit in?

As it is, my sister had a difficult time convicing him to fly instead of driving, but she purchased tickets in person and guaranteed him a seat in an exit row on the aisle.

So, I don't want him to have any problems while we're there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Maria

Originally posted by RPMdfw
My family is going to be vacationing during the week of Spring Break (March 15th thru the 22nd) and my sister's fiance is joining us. He's a big fella (6 foot 10 inches tall). My question is do we need to take anything special into consideration for him? Any attractions he might have problems with? Any that he might not fit in?

As it is, my sister had a difficult time convicing him to fly instead of driving, but she purchased tickets in person and guaranteed him a seat in an exit row on the aisle.

So, I don't want him to have any problems while we're there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wow! 6´10´!! How tall is your sister? I don´t think he even fits in a normal bed!

I think he will have to duck a lot in the rides... Space Mountain is gonna be a hard one, as well as the boatride in the Mexican Pavillion, but if he asks for the special boat for wheelchairs, he can sit and still have room for his legs. Maybe he can do that in those boat type rides.

As for the plane, make sure she reconfirms that seat. If not the mergency exit, then the first row in coach usually has more leg room.

Have a nice trip! :)

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Re: Re: Need help with planning for tall guests

Originally posted by Maria
Wow! 6´10´!! How tall is your sister? I don´t think he even fits in a normal bed!

I think he will have to duck a lot in the rides... Space Mountain is gonna be a hard one, as well as the boatride in the Mexican Pavillion, but if he asks for the special boat for wheelchairs, he can sit and still have room for his legs. Maybe he can do that in those boat type rides.

As for the plane, make sure she reconfirms that seat. If not the mergency exit, then the first row in coach usually has more leg room.

Have a nice trip! :)

Yes, he is tall, but only 10" more than me, I don't think he will have that difficult a time on most attractions, but I would check on Space Mountain, especially if he plans on raising his arms in the ride. :lol:

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Space Mountain, Rock & Roller Coaster, TTA, Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder all could be a problem depending on leg length.

I'm only about 6'3" and my knees usually touch the row in front of me on several of these rides. Space could really be tough.

Upvote 0

MGM WDWFan

I hear you. I'm 6'6" and I generally do have some discomfort issues on a few of the rides. For the most part he won't have too many problems so long as he's sure to ride single in most of the dark rides and stuff like that. If it's a small two-seater car I'm sure they won't have any problem letting him go single. As for the beds, definitely go king-size. It's nice to hear that there's someone else out there who's tall like me.

--MGM

Upvote 0
Dumbo would be a tight fit! :)

As far as your other flight, check out this great site to find out the best seats in any plane on most airlines. (For example, in some planes the bulkhead is the best, but in others, you actually have less legroom.)

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for all the great information.

We'd already made sure that there is a California King bed in one of the rooms of the condo we're renting, so bedwise he should be okay.

To answer Maria's question, my sister is about 5'8" which isn't short, but her fiance pretty much dwarfs anyone around (my brother and I are both 6'1" and pretty big guys ourselves, but he's enormous and makes us look small. That also makes doing the "big brother" thing of "If you hurt my sister, I hurt you" pretty ridiculous :lol: )

FourFourSeven: Since the youngest person going on this trip is my sister (age 30) I'm fairly certain that we're all going to pass on Dumbo anyway, but I have to tell you I laughed out loud at the thought. Also, thanks SO MUCH for the link to SeatGURU.com. It is a great site, and I've bookmarked it for furture use.

To everyone else, thank very much for the infomation on the attractions. A couple of them I already knew (I'm cramped on Space Mountain, too) but some of them, I hadn't considered yet.

I appreciate all the info, you guys Rock! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...he will not be able to ride the Barnstormer in Toontown...it's tragic...(hell, I'm only 5'7" and I barely can get my legs in...). Cheers!

Upvote 0

Maria

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by RPMdfw

To answer Maria's question, my sister is about 5'8" which isn't short, but her fiance pretty much dwarfs anyone around (my brother and I are both 6'1" and pretty big guys ourselves, but he's enormous and makes us look small. That also makes doing the "big brother" thing of "If you hurt my sister, I hurt you" pretty ridiculous :lol: )

hahaha! I am 5´7" and had a bf who was 6´4"... that was the perfect difference! I had another one a little bit taller and it was still okay...for me.. that is! hehehe :D

I´m sure he will be checking on all the door frames... one of my bf´s hit one pretty hard once... poor thing.. :(

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Original Poster
Originally posted by DogsRule!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...he will not be able to ride the Barnstormer in Toontown...it's tragic...(hell, I'm only 5'7" and I barely can get my legs in...). Cheers!

:lol: Darn! That means that most of Seuss Landings at IOA is out of the picture too! :lol:

Upvote 0

DanStat

On Rockin' Rollercoaster, try to get the second seat in the car...there should be two "cars" attached to each other, get in the second row of one of the cars...sorry if it's hard to understand.:lol:

My father and I are pretty tall, and we don't usually have any problems, except with it's a small world, and The Mexico Pavillion ride...

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
On Rockin' Rollercoaster, try to get the second seat in the car...there should be two "cars" attached to each other, get in the second row of one of the cars...sorry if it's hard to understand.:lol:

My father and I are pretty tall, and we don't usually have any problems, except with it's a small world, and The Mexico Pavillion ride...

I've ridden in basically every row on the Coaster, I never noticed much difference in any of the non-front row seats. Is there a difference?

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

My husband is 6' 5". On our most recent trip (on the advice of an equally tall loading attendant) he rode in the front seat on spaceship Earth for the first time--and found out there has been more leg room there all along. Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I'm 6'5" as well, and haven't really found any limitations, although I don't fit well in the Space Mountain cars, and I have a bad habit of ducking because I think I'm going to lose my head on one of the low bars. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

DanStat

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I've ridden in basically every row on the Coaster, I never noticed much difference in any of the non-front row seats. Is there a difference?

Sorry...take the first seat in each car...the back seat has the restraints from the first car covered...it's hard to explain...

Upvote 0

Ronald-Ruck

Account Suspended
avoid space mountain!

Herro,

I'm 6-8, and used to be 6-10 before I went on space mountain! Back in 1988, I smacked my head up real good on one of the overhangs! It totally lopped my head off! So there Iam, still sitting on the train, and my head is rolling down the tracks! I'm thinking, "Man! this sucks!" Then POW! Another rocket comes along and punts my head into the queing area and into a baby carriage! This lady doesn't even notice,and reaches in for her kid, picks up my head and starts burping it! Well! What's a guy to do? I burped! She basically passed out the minute she saw me.

Luckily, a doctor was on line and scooped me up and rushed me off to a local hospital. My friends were good enough to take my blood-spewing body to the hospital where after 43 hours of surgery they were able to reattach it! But a 2 inch indentation remains.

SO AVOID SPACE MOUNTAIN!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom