need help with august..

Disneydreamer23

Hey every one I was planning on going to disney in Jan but due to me being scared of the cold weather I want to change to August. I always go in September but my company changed policys only vacations in june-aug or over new years. My question is do they ever have deals in aug? Is it better to go in the beggining or the end of August?? I want to book tommorow so any help would be wonderful! Thank you!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Crowds are heavier in early August than late. The local schools start mid-August.

We've been the last few years for the week leading up to the Labour Day weekend and crowds were manageable. It is very hot and humid and there are afternoon T-storms most days, but the heat can be mitigated and the storms clear some of the crowds. This year we're going a week earlier, but I expect it to still be fairly good.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Value season at Disney World typically starts in mid-August, and in past years they have offered deals for the period of mid-August to late September that have included either free dining or room discounts. Never any guarantee of what will be offered in the future of course.

Upvote 0

freakman

I took my first aug trip this year from the 13th to the 27. There was a pretty noticeable difference between the crowds/wait times between the 2 weeks. 20-27 had the small crowds..like they said that week the rest of the local schools went back. Some told me some counties go back the second week and others the third
Also bring some cheap buck store ponchos...your gonna get wet at least 20mins each day...when it rains it rains heavy

Upvote 0

DisneyWeather!

End of August is less expensive (value season begins mid-month), free-dining is typically offered, and crowds are some of the lower of the year as many of the southern schools are back in session. We went 8/21-8/29 this past year and most of the folks we talked to were fellow northeasterners (the first days we were there were busy (a weekend). I guess it was hot, but we try to get there early, stay in the shade and in the AC, take a break in the afternoon to hit the pool and head back in the evening. Love it! We did the week around the 4th of July, 2 yrs ago, equally hot, many more people.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We went Aug 14-18 last year and got 35% off our room. The crowds actually felt pretty light. We'd thought about going the week before...and our room discount would have been 30% off if we'd switched to that week. I know the 35% off deal I used was something I had to book by late March...so there might be similar room discounts out there. The 30% off discount came later. Either way- yes, we got a discount in August.

As for weather...we live in Houston and our summer was horribly hot...so we cooled off in Orlando :lol:

Upvote 0

timeman

The one thing I can warn you about is that if you are going between Aug 21st & 27th to beware of people looking like Nerf Herders or Aliens. The reason I say this is that they are holding Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando that weekend, so there will probably be a lot of strange looking people at the parks like me and even Master Yoda :lol:. I know that myself and even Master Yoda are hoping that they do something again at Hollywood Studios like they did in 2010.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom