Need Help ... runDisney Castaway Cay 5K

atrus79

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I have a question that hopefully someone has some advice for because I'm not really sure what to do. I've reached out o runDisney and I've reached out to Disney Cruise and some information I've been provided seems conflicting to what I know.

On to the story ... my wife and I will be participating in the WDW Marathon weekend ... I will be doing Dopey and she will be doing the 5k & 10k. While doing those races, my parents will be joining us and watching the kids (5 and 1.5 years old), so we've got that covered completely. We also signed up for the Castaway Cay 5k through runDisney (I've done the standard one before) and are planning on running that as well. That said, my parents will not be with us on the cruise, so we need to make sure that the kids are taken care of in someway. I know scuttles cove will work for my oldest, but my daughter is only one and a half so that is not an option. I thought I remembered reading you could use a stroller for this race, but more recent posts seem to say that you can't. The cruise line response (which I will post below) states using the nursery, but from what I can tell, the nursery opens at 9am and the race group leaves at 8:30am. Does anyone know if they will open the nursery early if you tell them you are participating? If not has anyone encountered any other solutions to our conundrum? The last resort is that one of us sits out of the race, but ideally we would like to do it together ... plus I'm sure that we won't get our money back for the race. Anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Disney Cruise Email:
9/16/17

Dear -,

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

Scuttle's Cove will open early to accommodate Guests running in the 5K.
Guests should take their children with them to the 5K meeting location.
Youth Counselors will then take the children to Scuttle's Cove.

For the nursery, Guests can book online during their pre-planning window
(based on availability). They can also check onboard at the nursery.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require
further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact
us.

We look forward to sailing with you and your family!

Have a Magical Day!

Joe
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line

EOD K9

The nursery opens early on CC days just for that reason. We did a double dipper to CC this summer and both days the nursery opened early. Please confirm with them again the night before. This isn't their first rodeo. They are pretty good about it. Hope it helps and have a good run!

atrus79

Original Poster
The nursery opens early on CC days just for that reason. We did a double dipper to CC this summer and both days the nursery opened early. Please confirm with them again the night before. This isn't their first rodeo. They are pretty good about it. Hope it helps and have a good run!

Thanks so much for the help! I never knew the nursery opened early, but I never had a reason to use it as my wife watched while I ran the 5k. Really appreciate the clarification and help! Thanks :)

DE_DISNEY

I ran the 5k in August and they stopped by Scuttles Cove for those with children before the race. Please note, it was really hot and humid and I am used to running in hot weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom