Need Help Remembering a Ride

Sundown

Original Poster
Hi all.

It could be that I'm "misremembering", but seem to vaguely remember some scenes from a ride at the Magic Kingdom. I guess it could have been the either the late 1970s or sometime int he 80s decade. This is what I remember:

- I'm thinking the ride was in Tomorrowland, where Buzz's ride is now.
- I am picturing animatronics of a woman ironing?
- And also of a business man's commuting to the moon, or space?
- And I think you were in car like the Haunted Mansion.

I searched what I could on If You Had Wings, Dreamflight, Mission to Mars...can't find any images that jump out to me as being the ride.

adimond

Hmm, this could be a mix of things. There's an iron in Carousel of Progress...this also makes me think of the show scene that's still in Peoplemover of someone getting her hair done. And there were a variety of futuristic domestic dioramas in the Space Mountain post-show (check Martin's fabulous vids of Space Mountain for these). Some melange of those memories, maybe with a bit of Horizons thrown in?

General Mayhem

Hi all.

It could be that I'm "misremembering", but seem to vaguely remember some scenes from a ride at the Magic Kingdom. I guess it could have been the either the late 1970s or sometime int he 80s decade. This is what I remember:

I searched what I could on If You Had Wings, Dreamflight, Mission to Mars...can't find any images that jump out to me as being the ride.
Like Adimond said this sounds like a mix of several attractions, however the only thing that the third one could possibly be was Horizons at Epcot. There was also the House of the Future post show for Space mountain.

Animaniac93-98

Hi all.

2 & 3 would be If You Had Wings (1972-1987)

Woman ironing is Carousel of Progress

Flight to the Moon's Mission Control director Tom Morrow was probably the "business man" you're thinking of (1971-1975). He was renamed Mr. Johnston, but still the same figure, for when it was re-branded as Mission to Mars (1975-1993).

Sundown

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help! I will view all the posted videos to see if anything jogs my memory!

Thank you again.

Sundown

Original Poster
After watching those videos and videos from rides others here mentioned...my mind is swimming in images! But I think you are all probably right, that I'm remembering different rides and my brain is combining them into one false memory.

One other thing I'd like to check, did the Peoplemover have scenes from the 70/80s that were removed and replaced with new scenes? Like adimond mentioned above, I know there is a scene with someone getting their hair done. But were there any others, maybe with animatronics?

General Mayhem

After watching those videos and videos from rides others here mentioned...my mind is swimming in images! But I think you are all probably right, that I'm remembering different rides and my brain is combining them into one false memory.

One other thing I'd like to check, did the Peoplemover have scenes from the 70/80s that were removed and replaced with new scenes? Like adimond mentioned above, I know there is a scene with someone getting their hair done. But were there any others, maybe with animatronics?
No animatronics outside of the Space Mountain post show. The scenes on the Peoplemover outside of the model of Progress city didn't have much going on before. Think illuminated flats of Epcot pavilions and Dreamflight concept art.

bdearl41

I don’t think Timekeeper get the love it deserves. Really one of the first “interactive” attractions with Robin Williams. Would much prefer it to Monsters Laugh Floor!

thomas998

No animatronics outside of the Space Mountain post show. The scenes on the Peoplemover outside of the model of Progress city didn't have much going on before. Think illuminated flats of Epcot pavilions and Dreamflight concept art.
While there were no animatronics on peoplemover I do recall there was some warped plexiglass that you saw some things thorugh and if you were a kid you might have been fooling into thinking there was movement caused by the distorted view. One question is how old were you when you thought you saw this because the memories from a kid are even more likely to be clouded by imagination slipping into reality of what you saw.

General Mayhem

While there were no animatronics on peoplemover I do recall there was some warped plexiglass that you saw some things thorugh and if you were a kid you might have been fooling into thinking there was movement caused by the distorted view. One question is how old were you when you thought you saw this because the memories from a kid are even more likely to be clouded by imagination slipping into reality of what you saw.

Hopefully these videos will clear up the confusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom