Need help planning our first Disney World Trip.

Mark Wilson

Hello, Myself and my girlfriend will be doing our first Disneyworld trip in October. She went when she was about 15 or so, I've never been. We are both 29. We went to California 2 years ago and went to Disneyland for 3 days and had a blast.

This trip we will be arriving at MCO at around 4:30 PM Orlando time on October 24th. We are staying at the POP century resort from Oct 24th Till Oct 30th (We will leave late that evening, so it can be an entire day) We have the quick service dining plan (So we're looking at quick service and snack recommendations for all the parks) We also got the park hopper and the water park option (Hopefully it'll be warm enough for the water parks!)

The first evening we plan to go to Epcot as it is open lastest that evening. (9:00 PM) Not really sure what time we will be able to get there once we land, get on the magic express, get to the hotel, and bus, but hopefully still with a couple hours to get on a couple rides and maybe watch Illuminations.

Typhoon Lagoon closes Sunday Oct 27th till Dec 21st, so we plan to do Typhoon Lagoon either Friday or Saturday. As it's only open till 5:00 we plan to use our park hopper and go to another park once it's closed.

We've tried to come up with a plan for which parks we should visit which days but it gets pretty confusing. Any pros able to lend a hand? Able to make some suggestions on which places to eat?

Thanks!

ratherbeinwdw

Thanks for all the replies! I haven't had time to browse through them all yet.

We ARE foodies, however, we also aren't millionaires, we went with a value resort, which unfortunately only gets us the quick service dining plan. (Got in on the free dining plan) Going with a moderate resort would have been another few hundred dollars--granted that would have gotten us the standard dining plan. We do not plan on spending any time at the resort (other then sleeping)

Good friends of ours went last year and got the standard free dining pass. They both said it was wayyy to much food (They each had 2 sit down meals, and 3 quick service meals on their last day) They also said it takes a lot of time outa the day, and made for way more planning.

We'd rather go to the parks, eat when and where we want to eat, and get back to the parks--and save a few hundred dollars. Plus tips on top of the sit down meals.

If you guys reaaaaly think it's worth it for the sit down meals, I might call in and ask about upgrading.
I would not upgrade, but I would do a couple of sit down meals out of pocket.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom