Need help planning my first DL trip

nicholas

Original Poster
I'm planning on heading to DL next month, and since it's my first time there, I have some questions.

Approx how many days should I go for? Right now I am estimating 3 or 4. As far as ticketing, should I purchase in advance, or is it fine just to buy at the gate?

I'll be flying JetBlue. They fly to Long Beach and Burbank. Which is closer?

I feel so silly asking all these questions since I usually answer these sorts of things when it comes to WDW, but knowing nothing about DL, this is an entirely different beast. LOL

Thanks for your help!

stranger

nicholas said:
I'm planning on heading to DL next month, and since it's my first time there, I have some questions.

Approx how many days should I go for? Right now I am estimating 3 or 4. As far as ticketing, should I purchase in advance, or is it fine just to buy at the gate?

3-4 days is a perfect amount of time to see the Disneyland resort. DIsneyland alone can be done in 2 days and DCA in one.
I suggest you buying parkhopper tickets online for the discount.
I'll be flying JetBlue. They fly to Long Beach and Burbank. Which is closer?

Long Beach is a bit closer to Anaheim than Burbank. Besides, coming from Burbank you will end up hitting a lot of traffic.

I feel so silly asking all these questions since I usually answer these sorts of things when it comes to WDW, but knowing nothing about DL, this is an entirely different beast. LOL

Thanks for your help!

Don't feel silly! It's what we're here for and if you have anymore questions, ask away. :wave:

musketeer

Hello,

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, and to be honest, I don't think you would need any more than 3 days maximum, even that was a bit too much for us, especially if you go before school gets out. My wife and I were there in Feb, the week before President's week, and the resort was extremely empty (compared to my experiences of the summer in Florida). We did however have the advantage of Unlimited FastPasses through AAA, but since they parks were so empty, we really didn't need them.

We saw all of the Disneyland Park in one day, and all of the California Adventure in about 1/2 day. We then had one whole day of doing not much of anything, so for sure no more than 3 days...unless of course it is after school gets out, then I really have no experience to give an opinion.

nicholas

Original Poster
This will be after the HCOE starts. Should I anticipate high crowds? I'm estimated arriving about May 21 or 22

David

musketeer said:
Hello,

We did however have the advantage of Unlimited FastPasses through AAA, but since they parks were so empty, we really didn't need them.

What the heck is an Unlimited FastPass? We are members of AAA and are going in June for a very quick trip so if those can be purchased, I would like to know about them.

Thanks

netenyahoo

nicholas said:
This will be after the HCOE starts. Should I anticipate high crowds? I'm estimated arriving about May 21 or 22

It will be a lot busier. Weekends are busier as more locals go. February had a lot of attractions closed too, so he/she above didn't do everything. I would recommend 4 days, so you can do everything and not be rushed and enjoy the atmosphere.

Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom