Need Help on deciding where to stay for trip

zimm_18

Im hoping I can get some advice on our upcoming Disney trip. My husband, 7 yr old son and Myself will be driving down to Orlando arriving Nov.16th and staying til late Nov. 22, 2013 and taking advantage of the free quick service dining. I have a few different problems I was hoping someone could help me out with...
1. We have stayed at All Star Movies twice before and really liked it. This time, we are trying to decide between Music or Pop. I know that Pop has a dedicated bus service, but is it worth the cost diff?
2. My husband has always wanted to visit Universal, so we will be making that trip as well during this time. a. is it best to go at the beginning, between, or end of the trip? I want to dedicate 2 days.
b. how troubling is the trip to universal by car?
And lastly...
3. Should I book the Disney hotel for the entire trip with just the needed Disney park tickets , or should we switch to a closer hotel For Universal?
Any help would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks!!

75disney

I recommend Pop; I like it better than the All-Stars. Plus All Star Sports' food court is closed for refurb right now so those guests are sharing the food courts at Music and Movies.
I have not been to Uni in years but I plan to stay at one of the Uni hotels when I do go to take advantage of the Universal Express perk (Uni's version of Fast Pass) which is included in the room rate.
Good luck with your planning. Disney World at that time of year is great.

Upvote 0

mitchk

Im hoping I can get some advice on our upcoming Disney trip. My husband, 7 yr old son and Myself will be driving down to Orlando arriving Nov.16th and staying til late Nov. 22, 2013 and taking advantage of the free quick service dining. I have a few different problems I was hoping someone could help me out with...
1. We have stayed at All Star Movies twice before and really liked it. This time, we are trying to decide between Music or Pop. I know that Pop has a dedicated bus service, but is it worth the cost diff?
2. My husband has always wanted to visit Universal, so we will be making that trip as well during this time. a. is it best to go at the beginning, between, or end of the trip? I want to dedicate 2 days.
b. how troubling is the trip to universal by car?
And lastly...
3. Should I book the Disney hotel for the entire trip with just the needed Disney park tickets , or should we switch to a closer hotel For Universal?
Any help would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks!!

I'll be there nov. 13th-19th. I'm staying at all star movies. We were givin a pin and got free QS before the public! If I was you.... I would go with Pop... I have never stayed there, but I have heard good things. Although...if the food court at all star sports was not being redone... I would have said stay at music... A lot less walking. Have fun. If you see me, please say hello!

Upvote 0

cmybliss

I'd go with pop. The shared buses at the All Stars can be a real pain when your tired.

I like to do Universal about halfway through the trip. It breaks things up a bit and keeps everyone excited to see something new. Besides, as much as I love Disney, it's nice to get away from the sugar sweetness of it all and experience something a little more gritty.

Upvote 0

zimm_18

Original Poster
Thanks so much everyone! Looks like I'll be going with Pop! Ive heard they have a really good cheesecake also :) 75Disney, Hearing that the sport resorts food court is being redone, really helped make the decision.
and Mitchk you are a lucky duck to get to stay at movies :p And cmybliss, I love your idea about taking a mid universal trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom