Need advice Trip 4th July

Wolfpac-sco

Hi all 1st time poster.

I am taking my fiance to WDW for the first time. Were staying off site at the Silver Lake Resort. The problem I have is that we arrive on the 4th July staying till the 17th July. My flight is due in at 1530. We are desperate to get into the Magic Kingdom that evening as it is open till 0100. I recon by the time we get checked in at the resort and get round to disney it will be close to 1900 by the time we ge there.

I understand that the past few years that they closed the park to new guests in the afternoon due to large crowds. Did they do the same at the other parks? What are the chances of getting in? Is there anything else worth doing that evening if we dont get in

cpeters

Hi all 1st time poster.

I am taking my fiance to WDW for the first time. Were staying off site at the Silver Lake Resort. The problem I have is that we arrive on the 4th July staying till the 17th July. My flight is due in at 1530. We are desperate to get into the Magic Kingdom that evening as it is open till 0100. I recon by the time we get checked in at the resort and get round to disney it will be close to 1900 by the time we ge there.

I understand that the past few years that they closed the park to new guests in the afternoon due to large crowds. Did they do the same at the other parks? What are the chances of getting in? Is there anything else worth doing that evening if we dont get in

You can go to Downtown Disney. There are tons of shops there, food places, bars, etc. Part of it is open until 2:00am. It is a good time. If you go to PLeasure Island in Downtown Disney, there are clubs, comedy bars, and a huge stage with a band usually. It is a good time.

Don't rush to get to MK that night. Start fresh the next day

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

welcome to the board! :wave:

4th of July is one of the busiest times so take it slow and easy. I find that if I rush when its crowded I don't get anything done, I don't see a dang thing and I just get tired, hot and annoyed. I walk slow, I take in the atmosphere and even if I don't get on all the rides and such, its still a great time. There is so much to see and observe in Disney, take in all the little details, its worth it, especially when its so busy.

My flight is due in at 1530. We are desperate to get into the Magic Kingdom that evening as it is open till 0100.

I love military time talk. :animwink:

Upvote 0

DonChi

I remember when I was at MK on the 4th of July (looooong time ago), we had to go back to the hotel, then returned at early evening.

After that day it was o.k.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

WELCOME to the boards....:wave:

WOW...MK on July 4th...its shoulder to shoulder there! We tried last year and gave up! Went over to EPCOT and really was not too bad.:wave:

Upvote 0

travelgip

I will be there at that time as well, arriving 7/1 and leaving 7/8, staying at WL. We have decided to go to another park (non-Disney, sorry) for that day (7/4) and since we are staying at WL, we will be going over to MK in the evening when we return to see the fireworks. If we can't get into MK in the evening, we will be watching fireworks from dock at WL. See you there and don't worry, just enjoy the "happiest place on earth", even if it is the "most crowded place on earth for that day! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom