Need advice on which resort to stay at

rk03221

Original Poster
My wife and I are taking our son to wdw in February of 2023 and are having a hard time deciding which resort to stay at. We are looking to do a 7-10 day stay. So far we it’s between pop century, Caribbean beach or art of animation. Dining, transportation and pools are the main factors for us. Our son will be 2 by then so hopefully we can spend more time at the parks but who knows. We used to be cms so we never had this issue of staying on property lol. Thanks!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I stayed at Pop all the way back in 2005 as a kid and LOVED it. As a cm we’ve always heard great things about it and are leaning towards there. Plus, it’s pretty cheap so we’d have extra money to spend elsewhere
The skyliner is a game changer and you get it at all 3…take the cheapest option.

the little mermaid Rooms at art are good also - same price - but quite a long way from the transportation.

shhhhh🤫…don’t giveaway the secret about the skyliner

Last edited:

dmw

In the Parks
No
If you stay at either AoA or Pop, you can easily walk over to the sister resort for some different quick service. And, CBR is a short skyliner ride away from CBR for those dining options. For a 2yo, AoA or Pop would be better themed.

ppet

I prefer CBR but it's just my wife and I. I like the quite pools not crowded and easy to be more relaxed. POP and AoA both can get crowded easily. But you really can't go wrong with any of the tree and as stated above the Skyliner is a game changer.

rk03221

Original Poster
I prefer CBR but it's just my wife and I. I like the quite pools not crowded and easy to be more relaxed. POP and AoA both can get crowded easily. But you really can't go wrong with any of the tree and as stated above the Skyliner is a game changer.
Are the lines for the skyliner bad? I’ve heard they can get really long and bad at times

ppet

Are the lines for the skyliner bad? I’ve heard they can get really long and bad at times
on our trip we had a really long line the first morning we went to ride. We had gotten in line about 15 minutes before the Skyliner was to start. I was not happy and thought we had made a big mistake. Then once the Skyliner opened the line began to move and never really stopped. That huge line was handled quickly.

carriebeth

Caribbean beach’s pool is probably my favorite of any pool on Disney property. For a 2 year old it’s perfect. 0 entry so they can walk right in. 2 water slides. A larger one and a smaller one. And they have a really nice water area for smaller children with slides and water shooters and dump buckets etc.

rk03221

Original Poster
Caribbean beach’s pool is probably my favorite of any pool on Disney property. For a 2 year old it’s perfect. 0 entry so they can walk right in. 2 water slides. A larger one and a smaller one. And they have a really nice water area for smaller children with slides and water shooters and dump buckets etc.
How are the rooms?

Plowboy

We've stayed at Pop several times, CBR once (years ago) and never at AoA. We like Pop and always try to book an upper floor facing the lake.

Stevek

My wife and I are taking our son to wdw in February of 2023 and are having a hard time deciding which resort to stay at. We are looking to do a 7-10 day stay. So far we it’s between pop century, Caribbean beach or art of animation. Dining, transportation and pools are the main factors for us. Our son will be 2 by then so hopefully we can spend more time at the parks but who knows. We used to be cms so we never had this issue of staying on property lol. Thanks!
We live on the west coast, have been to WDW 4 times with trip 5 coming up in December. This will be our third stay at PoP if that gives you any indication on our preference. Good family pool, great little food court and fun theming for a younger kid. It's also better price wise and would very easily accommodate 3 of you. We have stayed at CB, it was fine but before the refurb. I will tell you that our first trip, we specifically chose AKL savannah view because the girls could wake up each morning and see animals outside of our window. That being said, it was significantly cheaper back in 2006. AoA just seems overly expensive for what you get...do you really need a family suite?

Disone

Pop Century seems to be the best choice here. Currently the Caribbean beach room is slightly larger than a Pop Century room but honestly the new Pop Century room is better laid out and actually gives you more room because of the Murphy bed that folds up. It's nice to have a table and chairs to eat at in the room and Caribbean beach only other game table to do that at. Where is it Pop Century the Murphy bed folds up and there's a table with four chairs for the family to enjoy.

The bathroom areas of both Caribbean Beach and Pop Century are roughly the same in size but pop's new bathroom is much better laid out and can be closed out from the rest of the room so that someone can use the vanity without interruption for those sleeping in the room.

If you feel like splurging a AoA family Suite will allow you to have a private master bedroom with your own bathroom while your child enjoy the rest of the room and his or her own bathroom as well.

So if you're looking to splurge a family suite at Art of Animation. If you're looking at cost-effectiveness, a regular room at Pop Century.

SamandplanningUK

We stayed at Caribbean beach our first time there when our kids were small, it's great because you can go over to the big pool with the slides and if it gets a bit crowded for your little one there's also a small pool for each 'block' of rooms that are always pretty quiet. You can also hop on the skyliner which is fun for little ones as they get to watch the different characters on each vehicle.

Dad 2 M & M

Pop would be our choice with AoA LM a distant 2nd.

The issue with the LM is the rooms are REALLY far away from the resort amenities. The 60s buildings of Pop are as close to the AoA food court as the LM rooms.

While it is an easy walk from Pop to AoA, it must be noted Pop Guests are not able to use the AoA Resort Pools.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom