Need Advice From Summer Veterans!

4401DisneyMom

Historically, we have always been lucky enough to take the kids out of school and enjoy WDW between Thanksgiving and Christmas; however, with our oldest now in high school, this is no longer an option. Our next trip is planned for June 14-21. So, not only have we never gone in the summer, but we've never utilized the FastPass+ system either ... here's where I need advice ... with FastPass+, do we still want to get up early and then head back later in the day to avoid the heat and crowds or will prescheduling alleviate the need for that type of touring plan? ANY summer trip advice is welcome and thank you!

zurgandfriend

It's cute that you think most teachers get anywhere near 13 weeks of vacation a year. 10-year olds get that much vacation a year, but, you know, labor laws.

The passive aggressive anti-school posts that always litter these threads (although they have nothing to do with the topic at hand) always make me confident that the American education system will one day catch up to the quality of such powerhouse nations as the Dominican Republic and Uganda. Dare to dream.

About the same time our to idea of National Service to our country matches that of say Finland, then my DS wouldn't have been suspended for a day for bringing his dad's war medals to show and tell, not that I'm bitter of course.

Upvote 0

jlburgin

I have gone several times in June with both my parents and siblings and with just my wife and I. Usually this time of year yes it is hot and will rain in the afternoons but if you keep an eye on the crowd index on sites like touringplans and look at going to the least crowded parks. But usually I never had any problem with the crowds. I typically get to the parks as they open and we would leave mid-day go lounge at the hotel and then go back in the evening to the parks.

I don't have experience with the new FP+ system but I imagine it will change how I do the parks instead of running back and forth to get fast passes throughout the day just having the 3 available will probably let me better enjoy some of the attractions I have ignored in some of my more recent trips.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have gone several times in June with both my parents and siblings and with just my wife and I. Usually this time of year yes it is hot and will rain in the afternoons but if you keep an eye on the crowd index on sites like touringplans and look at going to the least crowded parks. But usually I never had any problem with the crowds. I typically get to the parks as they open and we would leave mid-day go lounge at the hotel and then go back in the evening to the parks.

I don't have experience with the new FP+ system but I imagine it will change how I do the parks instead of running back and forth to get fast passes throughout the day just having the 3 available will probably let me better enjoy some of the attractions I have ignored in some of my more recent trips.
A most magical welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom