Need a Discount

nngrendel

So been looking at another Sept trip. Our last trip was 2 years ago and to be honest I need another Epcot fix!
So have been logging into my account and pricing trips going all the way through except for putting in my credit card info. I have been told before sometimes this is a good way to get discounts on dates you would like to go. You keep trying to book a vacation and never check out and finally Disney throws you a bone. Is there any truth to this and if so what is the most common discount you will get if any?

Last year I got 2 pin codes and didnt use them. Was in the process of buying a home and didnt have room in the budget. However I dont want to let another opportunity pass me by.

PrincessNelly_NJ

September discounts will be released Late May - Early June.
Certain things like ordering the vacation planning DVD or making custom park maps are rumored to help get pin codes but don't bank on it.

Upvote 0

belledream

The science to getting pin codes is still a pretty much a mystery. Pricing trips may prompt Disney to send you a few emails, but they are often standard. However, I would book your trip with whatever deal you can find now (Memory Maker in Sept) and wait for Disney to release their fall deals within the next month or so. Then you can call Disney and apply the discount to your package before availability/preferences run out. Good luck!

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

The science to getting pin codes is still a pretty much a mystery. Pricing trips may prompt Disney to send you a few emails, but they are often standard. However, I would book your trip with whatever deal you can find now (Memory Maker in Sept) and wait for Disney to release their fall deals within the next month or so. Then you can call Disney and apply the discount to your package before availability/preferences run out. Good luck!
Yeah, the pin codes are a mystery! My older daughter got 4 last year ( one which we used) & 1 this year. As for my husband & I we haven't received one in a few years!!! Maybe, they're trying to target the 20 something's right now!?

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Yup some people do just that and get them and some do it and don't. It does remain a mystery, and is random I think. One year we get no PINS and the next I'll get 5 PINS. It is never consistant. Good luck to getting one!

Upvote 0

Twhitty

Agreed, there is no rhythm or reason to pin codes. I would book and adjust later when discounts are released.

Upvote 0

alawrence

I am not sure if they even know what they are doing with the PIN codes anymore. My wife and I have been DVC members for a few years now, and I seem to get more emails with PIN codes in them now that I ever did when we actually hunted for them. I have absolutely no use for a PIN code now, but seem to get three or four a year! Why would they even send them to a DVC member? I do not think that some of their systems talk to each other.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom