Near freezing temps

dhoywdw20x

Original Poster
Unless the weather online is obscured. What is considered near freezing to cancel the spirit of aloha show. The temp is showing 68 degrees for this evening.

Mike730

Unless the weather online is obscured. What is considered near freezing to cancel the spirit of aloha show. The temp is showing 68 degrees for this evening.

Are you saying that the show was cancelled because of it being near freezing, but the temperature is only 68 degrees?

the-reason14

Man I really hope that its 'warm' next week when I'm there. I want to be able to wear shorts and maybe a jacket. Now back on topic, ya 68 is far from freezing.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My weather app is showing a high this afternoon of only 45F in Davenport, with a wind chill advisory until 10AM today for the whole region. Even I will say that's cold for Disney.

Here in Ottawa that would be a glorious day this time of year! :cool:

[We're currently at 3F with a "feels like" of -13F]

The Mom

Premium Member
I think the temperature dropped faster, and sooner, than expected. When a cold front moves in, the temperature often drops 20 degrees in an hour or so if it's really windy. (meaning the front is moving quickly)

Aren't the performers wearing traditional costumes? I would think that any temperature lower than 60 would be dangerous for someone wearing what amounts to a bathing suit, especially if the wind chill makes it feel colder. So "freezing" might refer to the expected low, with the assumption that the temperatures leading up to the low would be too uncomfortable, and open the possibility of hypothermia, for the performers.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not only are the temps bad here at MK this morning, but they and the high winds have shut down both the monorail and ferries from the TTC. Guests are being bussed from there to MK and EP.

Scuttle

Not only are the temps bad here at MK this morning, but they and the high winds have shut down both the monorail and ferries from the TTC. Guests are being bussed from there to MK and EP.

Really? Wow it must be even windier than I thought.

Slipknot

Contemporary weather station used by weatherbug just had a wind gust of 17 a few seconds ago.

EDIT: And another wind gust of 21 after that.

PhilharMagician

Ah, brings back memories of being @ WDW last December. Going outside in the mornings and having ice covering puddles, much od the landscaping covered in burlap and an occasional flurry. Now coming from upstate NY I do not mind this weather, but when on vacation to the warm area of the country I like to have weather a tad warmer.

Bundle up people and leave the shorts in the suitcases.

real mad hatter

Hold that phone

Yep. I just went outside and it's really cold. The winds must be gusting to 30mph.

Did you say 30 mph,well at this moment we have a severe gale warning of 85 mph,there is no boats sailing to Ireland,the boats in our harbour are being tossed about like toys in a kids pram,I just saw a woman going by my window still holding onto her umbrella,I thought it was Mary Poppins,seagulls are flying backwards,even the haggis are hiding underground,:eek:But apart from that,it's just a normal day here,enjoy WDW you lucky people.:ROFLOL:

crazydaveh

This happens a few times a year here in Otown. We get quick cold fronts and three days later, we're back to normal. This weekend for the marathon, we'll be back in the mid 70's. Nothing to get all worked up about. If it's cold here, it's probably much colder everywhere else!

ToTBellHop

I don't understand the point of this thread. Sure, it was 68 last night, but the posting said cold temps canceled the show for Tuesday (tonight). And it is frigid in Orlando today and tonight and will almost certainly go below freezing tonight.

JimboJones123

Wind chills are easily in the 20s right now and when the sun goes down it is so dry that it will drop really quickly.

Thankfully it won't be bad too long. Mid 70s in 2 more days.

If it were just me, I would totally spend the night riding Splash til midnight. I don't think I will be able to convince the rest of the gang to tag along. Especially with temps 20+ degrees warmer tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom