NBA in the Bubble -- No Politics

Lilofan

Don’t they have drug tests in the NBA? Or maybe they didn’t do them during that season……
Can't be the high prices at WDW to resort to smoking. Room and board , food and drink was paid for and not by the players.
Is it "politics" to call them entitled babies that can't appreciate what the NBA did so they wouldn't be laid off?
The resorts had play areas for the NBA players to relax and enjoy but perhaps some couldn't deal with the bubble areas but Russell Westbrook left a $8K tip to the cleaning crew!

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

Can't be the high prices at WDW to resort to smoking. Room and board , food and drink was comped.

The resorts had play areas for the NBA players to relax and enjoy but perhaps some couldn't deal with the bubble areas but Russell Westbrook left a $8K tip to the cleaning crew!
At least one adult in the bubble. Glad to hear that!

Next Big Thing

It’s not exactly performance enhancing…
Yeah, more like performance reducing. What it does is help deal with pain or mental stress during times when you aren't playing, which the mental stress part is perfectly understandable from a mental health standpoint. Many were there for months and had to leave their families for that entire time.

Also, medical marijuana is legal in Florida and as has been stated, the NBA doesn't test for weed. I believe the NFL is the only popular sport to test for marijuana usage still.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, more like performance reducing. What it does is help deal with pain or mental stress during times when you aren't playing, which the mental stress part is perfectly understandable from a mental health standpoint. Many were there for months and had to leave their families for that entire time.

Also, medical marijuana is legal in Florida and as has been stated, the NBA doesn't test for weed. I believe the NFL is the only popular sport to test for marijuana usage still
All sports organisations that come under WADA rules ban it on the day (24 hrs) of a competition. Not sure though how professional sports organisations like the NBA and NHL are governed in that regard.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
All sports organisations that come under WADA rules ban it on the day (24 hrs) of a competition. Not sure though how professional sports organisations like the NBA and NHL are governed in that regard.
Because of the overly stringent ban on weed, there's no reliable method to test for 'recent usage' since the compounds of weed stick around in fatty tissue for awhile (unlike alcohol, which the body gets rid of relatively quickly). So, I don't know how to enforce a 'within 24 hours' rule.

And because of those bans, scientists haven't been really able to test weeds effects. But somehow, without any thorough scientific studies, the USADA believes weed can cause a host of issues including... psychosis!! (I think they watched a documentary called 'Reefer Madness').

The funny thing is that at the same time they ban weed because it's a danger to the athlete, they allow participants to take it if they need it therapeutically. I mean... don't they know that that user might have a psychotic breakdown and throw a javelin into the stands?!!?!!

So... as long as there is still little science about weed and agencies continue to use outdated information, expect the ban to continue for a while longer.

nickys

Premium Member
Because of the overly stringent ban on weed, there's no reliable method to test for 'recent usage' since the compounds of weed stick around in fatty tissue for awhile (unlike alcohol, which the body gets rid of relatively quickly). So, I don't know how to enforce a 'within 24 hours' rule.

And because of those bans, scientists haven't been really able to test weeds effects. But somehow, without any thorough scientific studies, the USADA believes weed can cause a host of issues including... psychosis!! (I think they watched a documentary called 'Reefer Madness').

The funny thing is that at the same time they ban weed because it's a danger to the athlete, they allow participants to take it if they need it therapeutically. I mean... don't they know that that user might have a psychotic breakdown and throw a javelin into the stands?!!?!!

So... as long as there is still little science about weed and agencies continue to use outdated information, expect the ban to continue for a while longer.

I think they simply set a threshold above which the presence of weed is considered to be against the rules.

I’m sure WADA are set to review it’s policy on weed this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom