NBA G League Hotel Takeover?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some of these G league players played in the NBA or Europe earning million dollar salaries. Slim chance they saved or invested part of their salary for a rainy day?
Some could have. There was also a push a few years back to offer high school prospects money instead of going to college and playing and I think some of those guys got more than the base salary. The G league is more of a developmental league than something like minor league baseball where there are many career minor leaguers. There are some hangers on that probably stick around a bit too long but for the most part it’s a place to stash 2nd round picks without guaranteed money and guys on 2 way contracts. It’s typically filled with young guys trying to make it to the NBA.

Lilofan

Some could have. There was also a push a few years back to offer high school prospects money instead of going to college and playing and I think some of those guys got more than the base salary. The G league is more of a developmental league than something like minor league baseball where there are many career minor leaguers. There are some hangers on that probably stick around a bit too long but for the most part it’s a place to stash 2nd round picks without guaranteed money and guys on 2 way contracts. It’s typically filled with young guys trying to make it to the NBA.
I could be mistaken but I think there were some starters on their teams in the NBA and they got injured. Part of their rehab was to be placed in the G league before going back to their NBA team. They were still being paid for their multi million dollar contact

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I could be mistaken but I think there were some starters on their teams in the NBA and they got injured. Part of their rehab was to be placed in the G league before going back to their NBA team. They were still being paid for their multi million dollar contact
In normal life that probably happens, I’m not sure they will do that in the bubble. If a guy commits to staying there and following the rules then I suppose it could happen. If they follow the NBA bubble plan they would have to arrive and serve a quarantine before being allowed to play.

dreday3

Well, now people are reporting that the players will be housed in the Casitas section of CSR and people booked there are being moved to Cabanas.

That's just plain weird. First, if other parts of CSR are already empty, why displace paying customers? Second, just use the other empty resorts! :D

And where is everyone going to eat? They can't mix guests and players, think of the bubble! THE BUBBLE!

nickys

Premium Member
Well, now people are reporting that the players will be housed in the Casitas section of CSR and people booked there are being moved to Cabanas.

That's just plain weird. First, if other parts of CSR are already empty, why displace paying customers? Second, just use the other empty resorts! :D

And where is everyone going to eat? They can't mix guests and players, think of the bubble! THE BUBBLE!
Opening a currently closed resort, like POFQ, would mean bringing back hundreds of CMs and getting everything back up and running. That would be costly. And this is the development league, the NBA likely won’t want the expense of running an entire resort. Plus once they leave, Disney are then left with excess capacity and would then have to furlough or lay everyone off again. Makes sense to use spare capacity at resorts that are already operating.

JimW

Premium Member
Are Coronado and yacht not filling up?
I'm a bit late to the party and don't have any real information aside from what I've experienced, but when looking for hotel rooms for this coming weekend, Coronado was available on Hotwire for 104 per night before taxes (99 for Poop Century) and Yacht was available for something like 280 a night before taxes on Priceline. Yacht Club is no longer available, but as of last night, I could still pull the other two on Hotwire. I interpreted it as meaning they're having trouble filling those rooms.

Note - This is in their "mystery deals" and not the rates advertised regularly on those websites.

GimpYancIent

How or why G league players ended up where they are is unimportant. The two facts that do matter is Disney gets to make money and the players get to play basketball. No drama, No soap opera and No reality T.V. artificially created situations like during the NBA Bubble just play the game and enjoy being at WDW.

Falleniguana

How or why G league players ended up where they are is unimportant. The two facts that do matter is Disney gets to make money and the players get to play basketball. No drama, No soap opera and No reality T.V. artificially created situations like during the NBA Bubble just play the game and enjoy being at WDW.
Im booked at Coronado in February, so yes where they end up is important to me because I don’t want to look at an ugly blue fence for my stay and would like to know if I should just switch resorts ahead of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom