National Treasure Ride and Big Thunder Movie?

bfbulldog

I think there are several pretty good ride concepts that could come out of the National Treasure movies, an Indy type ride through the gold city from the latest movie would be a pretty cool concept. They could put whatever they decided over in the rest of the backlot tour area. Enlose catastrophe canyon redo it and put Mt Rushmore up there and have the ride vehicles move through and enter the gold city.

The Raven

I love the fact that all of these National Treasure rumors came from a silly quote but Cage. Somehow "I want a ride" from Cage becomes "There is going to be a NT ride!" from the online community. If they ever do make a National Treasure ride I would seriously consider not going back to whichever park it was placed in. The movie was horrible. The ride couldn't possibly be any better. Regardless, the ride will never happen so it doesn't matter.

Well, that's my two cents anyway. I'm sure others will disagree heartily. :D

As for Big Thunder, the rumor has been around for a while but has never progressed any more than speculation.

Fun2BFree

Maybe the potential BTMRR movie might spur a huge refurb for the ride, meaning that those caves at the beginning could lose the bats-on-a-string and get some expositionary AAs in there. I bet the average park-goer has no idea about BTMRR's backstory, and just think it's a generic mine-train ride.

NoVa Mom

I would try the BTMRR movie!:wave: Not too sure about the Natl Treasure ride?It might need a little more thought............ ?....Who knows.

DisneyAnole

Maybe the potential BTMRR movie might spur a huge refurb for the ride, meaning that those caves at the beginning could lose the bats-on-a-string and get some expositionary AAs in there. I bet the average park-goer has no idea about BTMRR's backstory, and just think it's a generic mine-train ride.

And yet it's one of the most popular rides at MK. So what does that tell us about forcing storylines on some attractions?

radiohost

As a former Big Thunder Mountain Railroad cast member during my college program in the spring/summer 2006, all I can say is....

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Jim Hill + rumors = SALT!!!!

Disney registered domain names, so therefore there *must* be movies for those titles? Guess again, Jim. Disney, like many other companies, registers trademarks and domain names in the event they do a movie, or release a product, etc.... I wouldn't put much stock into a lot of what Mr. Hill writes about.

There *is* a story to BTMRR, by the way. But do people need to be beaten over the head with it? I would hope not. Leave BTMRR alone. And while you're at it, leave Jungle Cruise alone, too. Plus them if you will, but don't change them for a movie. Bastardizing POTC was bad enough....

SeanC

Jim Hill + rumors = SALT!!!!

Disney registered domain names, so therefore there *must* be movies for those titles? Guess again, Jim. Disney, like many other companies, registers trademarks and domain names in the event they do a movie, or release a product, etc.... I wouldn't put much stock into a lot of what Mr. Hill writes about.

There *is* a story to BTMRR, by the way. But do people need to be beaten over the head with it? I would hope not. Leave BTMRR alone. And while you're at it, leave Jungle Cruise alone, too. Plus them if you will, but don't change them for a movie. Bastardizing POTC was bad enough....

Like or believe Jim Hill or not he didn't say there *must* or will be a BTMRR movie, only that Disney registered the domains and its apparantly in development. So what he was saying was there *might* be a movie.

the-reason14

Maybe the potential BTMRR movie might spur a huge refurb for the ride, meaning that those caves at the beginning could lose the bats-on-a-string and get some expositionary AAs in there. I bet the average park-goer has no idea about BTMRR's backstory, and just think it's a generic mine-train ride.[/QUOTE]

Isnt that what it is?:shrug::lookaroun. I never knew there was a backstory, other than what the guy on the railroad said about the spirits coming and spookin the mine trains. Is there an official story, or is like HM and Potc?

CThaddeus

Bastardizing POTC was bad enough....

I second that.

As for Jim Hill, his rumors are no more or less valid than anything I read on any other website, including this one. I take them all with a grain of salt until Disney confirms them. My only beef with Jim Hill is his writing style. Someone needs to edit his work, removing the occurence of the word "which" from 99% of his article (as well as telling him that you normally don't begin sentences with that word), making his sentences complete, and using correct punctuation. I don't pretend to be a great writer, but then I don't put my work out there on my own internet web site. If you're going to be quoted by sources like the LA Times, the least you can do is get your blogs proofread.

The MaD Hatter

I seriously doubt it will ever happen, but a National Treasure ride at DHS would be nice. I think the Imagineers could come up with a good concept for presenting this ride without having to have another Indy-clone, but even an Indy-clone would be welcome given the lack of rides at this park.

darthjohnny

Isnt that what it is?:shrug::lookaroun. I never knew there was a backstory, other than what the guy on the railroad said about the spirits coming and spookin the mine trains. Is there an official story, or is like HM and Potc?

There is a backstory. It isn't too specific, but it has the story of an old mining town that took advantage of the land, or something like that, and angered the Great Spirit. Hence, that is why the town you pass is flooded and the Mine Train is out of control.

Not to sure about a National Treasure ride but it could be cool. Also, if you read the artical, I loved the idea for POTC 4, Will is such a winny little moron that needs to go and not be the focus of the movies anymore anyway. Most people prefer to watch Capt. Jack and Barbossa anyway. I will be kind of sad to see Elizabeth go but oh well. Also I think a movie could be the best thing to happen to BTMRR in a long time. I love the ride but it does need some work. Just as long as they dont try adding the characters from the movie to the ride, im good. How bad would HM be with Eddy Murphy all over the place????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom