National Cheerleading and Dance Championship this Weekend

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Link

This weekend is the Cheerleader competition. I'm assuming this would affect park attendance accordingly as well with the start of Spring Break. Looks like the parks are gonna be hoppin.

Disney2002

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Link

This weekend is the Cheerleader competition. I'm assuming this would affect park attendance accordingly as well with the start of Spring Break. Looks like the parks are gonna be hoppin.

It's like a swarm of locust... loud loud loud locust... that wake you up early at your resort... and scream in the parks...

TURKEY

This is the last HUGE group of the year.

I'll be there Friday to unload their thousands of bags that way hundreds of pounds.

kidbiz

Heavy Luggage

To help you out, my daughter is bringing two very small carry ons and I, her mom, will have the larger piece. I will be arriving Wed. instead of Thurs. Does this help? We will be at AS Music - maybe see you there - Nebraska All Star Tigers!!!! Go for it girls!!!

NashvilleMouse

My boss is going to WDW this Thursday and will be there for all the craziness. I have been there during cheerleading competition before... may God have mercy on everyone there.

Good luck to all those competing. (Including Judd)

cherrynegra

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Link

Oh dear Lord!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!! I can barely endure two, three or even four preteen and teen girls screaming, giggling, cheering, but thousands of them?? CMs working this weekend should definitely get battle pay.:lol:

TURKEY

Re: Re: National Cheerleading and Dance Championship this Weekend

Originally posted by cherrynegra
Oh dear Lord!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!! I can barely endure two, three or even four preteen and teen girls screaming, giggling, cheering, but thousands of them?? CMs working this weekend should definitely get battle pay.:lol:

I wish!!! That would be nice.

For the most part, doing group CI/CO is pretty fun. We only have to take luggage to one room and the group has to sort out whose lugguge is whose.

If you're coming in with groups and want your luggage quickly, take it yourself.

Some are arriving on Wednesday, but the majority of them will arrive on Thursday and Friday (I'll be there Friday) and leave on Monday and Tuesday (probally be there then).

BwanaBob

I've never seen as much hairspray used than when I'm caught in the middle of one of these!

...and then they put it all over their bodies??

(I know why they do it...don't slam me!)

I'd like to put some on the ground!...Kind of like a 'cheerleader-roach-motel'...keep 'em all in one location.

:D

Shaman

Re: Re: National Cheerleading and Dance Championship this Weekend

Originally posted by Disney2002
It's like a swarm of locust... loud loud loud locust... that wake you up early at your resort... and scream in the parks...

That analogy just about covers it...and just to think I almost made plans to go Disney this weekend....thankfully I opted for a trip two weeks earlier....that was a close one...:D

ACE

Thanks for the info. I certainly wouldn't want to bring my kids to Disney during Cheerleader Weekend. :lol:

:wave: ACE

philsfan2185

I went on my senior class trip this time last year. my class stayed at as sports and everywhere you looked there were loud, inconsiterate, and my I add rude cheerleaders. :mad: they thought they were such big shots. i was so agervated, the last couple of days when we were at the resort, everytime i saw a cheerleader i said nicley "not a sport". yeah i got into plenty of arguments and of course i proved them wrong. I dont want to start a fight but, cheerleading is definately NOT a sport. if someone wants me to state my opinion i will in a later thread. but i cant stand the people who say, "they train harder than athletes".why do they have their competions at wide world of sports?:brick:

bhg469

Is there one of those a month, i was down feb 4th till the 11th and they were everywhere then too. not taht i can complain because i am a straight male between the ages of 12 and 100, i still find cheerleaders pretty hot.

kidbiz

4/wk practices

Just to reply that cheerleading is not a sport - :hammer:
My daughter practices 4/wk at 2/hr per practice. They weight train get banged / scratched up, break bones - and obsess about their "SPORT" just as much as any athelete. These people compete at least 12 times in a 5 month period and travel for majority of the competitions. They feature their competition on ESPN and ESPN2 on a monthly basis. You will have many disagree with you if you can see the type of cheerleading that they do. This is the all star level of cheerleading that involves 3 high pyramids tumble runs that include double fulls and group stunting that has girls flying over 30 feet in the air. Just watch it once and you'll see. We are not the type of cheerleaders standing by the sidelines screaming. BTW at a cost of $400/ mo costs more than most sports out there! Sorry to disagree!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Good thing i'm not going this weekend, because I was there for the High School Championships in February, and every park I visited was full of cheerleaders. I also gotta say that a lot of them were somewhat rude. And actually, this was the weekend I wanted to go for my monthly trip. This was also the only weekend I had free in this month, because the weekend after this one I will be heading to Disneyland Resort. But looks like I won't be going because of this event. No March trip for me:( .

Hopefully we're not going to get a thread that went to over 10 pages long like my "Attack of the Cheerleaders" WDW Update in February after this weekend.:lol:

TURKEY

Originally posted by bhg469
Is there one of those a month, i was down feb 4th till the 11th and they were everywhere then too. not taht i can complain because i am a straight male between the ages of 12 and 100, i still find cheerleaders pretty hot.

January - March is the peak WWoS/WDW cheer season. There has been some sort of cheer/dance group here pretty much since mid January.

There are other cheer groups in during other times, just not as big in numbers or frequency.

philsfan2185

absolutely not a sport

kidbiz........a sport has to have a ball, a race or a set of rules inorder for something 2 be called a sport. yes cheerleaders train in order to compete in their COMPETETIONS. i played baseball my whole life(5-18 yrs old).....when i got into high scool, i practiced monday thru saturday and sometimes sunday for 4 hours a day,granted my high school was 1 of the best baseball teams in new jersey. just because cheerleading is on espn or espn2 doesn't mean its a sport. i watch espn all the time and i once saw a firefighting competition, pool, and the great outdoors games and they certainly arent sports. sounds like cheerleading is a pretty expensive sport concidering the lack of clothes they wear, but all that makeup that they cape on their faces has to cost a lot 2. my cousin is a cheerleader and she doesnt think its a sport. she corrects other cheerleaders when they call cheerleading a sport. i have my opinion:sohappy: and you have your:lol:

NashvilleMouse

Re: absolutely not a sport

Originally posted by philsfan2185
kidbiz........a sport has to have a ball, a race or a set of rules inorder for something 2 be called a sport. yes cheerleaders train in order to compete in their COMPETETIONS. i played baseball my whole life(5-18 yrs old).....when i got into high scool, i practiced monday thru saturday and sometimes sunday for 4 hours a day,granted my high school was 1 of the best baseball teams in new jersey. just because cheerleading is on espn or espn2 doesn't mean its a sport. i watch espn all the time and i once saw a firefighting competition, pool, and the great outdoors games and they certainly arent sports. sounds like cheerleading is a pretty expensive sport concidering the lack of clothes they wear, but all that makeup that they cape on their faces has to cost a lot 2. my cousin is a cheerleader and she doesnt think its a sport. she corrects other cheerleaders when they call cheerleading a sport. i have my opinion:sohappy: and you have your:lol:

:lookaroun
Not sure it is fair to paint a picture of cheerleading like that. I could argue that racing isn't a sport because I do it everyday on the way home from work. :lol: I give the cheerleaders a lot of respect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom