NASCAR Testing at the Speedway Today

artvandelay

Original Poster
Saw on Twitter that Joey Logano, driver of the #20 Home Depot Toyota, is tesing his car at the Disney Speedway today.

bgraham34

Why is he testing his car, the season is over and he lost. I guess he is going to pretend he won it all and this was his prize.

shernernum

testing

::Sarcasm understood in previous post::

Don't read anything into this testing though (as in the possibility of a return of racing)...NASCAR has rules about how often teams can test on tracks that are currently part of their race schedule so that no one gets an "unfair" advantage. They do not have limits on other types of testing, so race teams will rent out tracks not on the race schedule that are similar to tracks they race so they can test as much as they want to.

artvandelay

Original Poster

Don't read anything into this testing though (as in the possibility of a return of racing)...NASCAR has rules about how often teams can test on tracks that are currently part of their race schedule so that no one gets an "unfair" advantage. They do not have limits on other types of testing, so race teams will rent out tracks not on the race schedule that are similar to tracks they race so they can test as much as they want to.

And I think Disney Speedway is used for testing Phoenix International Raceway cars. PIR has the second race of the year.

Not being able to test at sanctioned tracks has hurt Logano. He needs seat time badly at a lot of tracks.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
And I think Disney Speedway is used for testing Phoenix International Raceway cars. PIR has the second race of the year.

Not being able to test at sanctioned tracks has hurt Logano. He needs seat time badly at a lot of tracks.

It is not so much about testing for a specific track as much as testing for the new fuel injection system. Teams are going to any and every track that is not on the circuit to work on the system. I doubt it is testing for a progressively-banked doglegged oval. We'll see. Some Hendrick guys are supposed to be a VIR right now testing. Logano's cheif made some bad calls this past season. He can drive but if there is no strategy then, pack it up.

bgraham34

This is actually something I did not know.

Anthos

Yeah I kind of got excited until I read it was Logano there ;) He needs to rest up so he can have another back of the pack year in 12 and JGR can finally replace him.

artvandelay

Original Poster
It is not so much about testing for a specific track as much as testing for the new fuel injection system. Teams are going to any and every track that is not on the circuit to work on the system. I doubt it is testing for a progressively-banked doglegged oval. We'll see. Some Hendrick guys are supposed to be a VIR right now testing. Logano's cheif made some bad calls this past season. He can drive but if there is no strategy then, pack it up.

I think this is Logano's make or break year. Home Depot cannot be happy with one win since 2009. Can JGR handle two Busch brothers in 2013?

Also, more EFI and spoiler height testing at Daytona in the middle of January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom