Narnia Ride

lilnps

Original Poster
I just read on Screamscape about The Chronicles Of Narnia to maybe be the next big attraction at MGM Studios. If so what type of ride should this be. I think that it would work great as something like the Spiderman ride at Islands Of Adventure. You enter into the Wardrobe and are in between the battle sorta like spiderman and the villians.Anybody else got any ideas?

Yoop33

That sounds pretty cool. I never went on that ride until recently and I was very impressed. I am sure universal has some kind of patent on that or something. I am sure Disney will come up with sometime new. Those Imagineers are nuts!! I wouldn't mind another thrill ride as well

Pete C

If they did then it is expired...Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Curse of Darkastle uses the same exact ride system and technology as Spiderman.

Captain Chaos

Yoop33 said:
That sounds pretty cool. I never went on that ride until recently and I was very impressed. I am sure universal has some kind of patent on that or something. I am sure Disney will come up with sometime new. Those Imagineers are nuts!! I wouldn't mind another thrill ride as well

Universal did not create the ride technology...

WDWFREAK53

Why not make a Narnia land at the Animal Kingdom? There you go...mythological creatures intertwined with actual animals.

Nice transition from Beastly Kingdom...
At least you could keep the mythological theme without doing another "Lost Continent"

Pete C

WDWFREAK53 said:
Why not make a Narnia land at the Animal Kingdom? There you go...mythological creatures intertwined with actual animals.

Nice transition from Beastly Kingdom...
At least you could keep the mythological theme without doing another "Lost Continent"
That is an awesome idea!! Have a whole land that is themed to Narnia with a signature E-ticket. Even though it is a movie license which would signal MGM or even Magic Kingdom these days, it seems Animal Kingdom would be a perfect fit for this.

kcnole

I'd like it to be a dark ride of some sort. I don't really want a thrill ride, there's enough of them at MGM already. If we could get a Narnia ride and the Indy ride at MGM that park would be perfect.

Pete C

I think a water coaster like Atlantis at Sea World would be ideal for this. The entranceway to the queue could be a wardrobe, with the queue being inside Narnia somewhere. We then board the Dawn Treader for a boat-ride section outside going through Narnia...seeing the different characters of the books, then go into the white witch's castle or Charn, then you go up the lift and into the coaster portion which adds some thrills.

If not a water coaster, perhaps just a classic Disney boat ride with indoor and outdoor theming.

shoppingnut

Pete C said:
I think a water coaster like Atlantis at Sea World would be ideal for this. The entranceway to the queue could be a wardrobe, with the queue being inside Narnia somewhere. We then board the Dawn Treader for a boat-ride section outside going through Narnia...seeing the different characters of the books, then go into the white witches castle, then you go up the lift and into the coaster portion which adds some thrills.

If not a water coaster, perhaps just a classic Disney boat ride with indoor and outdoor theming.

Maybe a sleigh ride.

B-man555

Pete C said:
I think a water coaster like Atlantis at Sea World would be ideal for this. The entranceway to the queue could be a wardrobe, with the queue being inside Narnia somewhere. We then board the Dawn Treader for a boat-ride section outside going through Narnia...seeing the different characters of the books, then go into the white witches castle, then you go up the lift and into the coaster portion which adds some thrills.

A water Coaster For Narnia would be lame. Too much goes on in that movie for it to be one, plus a lot of The lion, witch, and the wardrobe is in the snow and cold except for the battle scenes pretty much, not near or in water i can think of.

Think about it, its the 21st century, they could come up with something better than that.

I like the Idea of it being like the Indiana Jones ride, but itd be cooler if it was a longer ride.:rolleyes:

CoffeeJedi

B-man555 said:
A water Coaster For Narnia would be lame. Too much goes on in that movie for it to be one, plus a lot of The lion, witch, and the wardrobe is in the snow and cold except for the battle scenes pretty much, not near or in water i can think of.
Did you not read the part where he mentioned the Dawn Treader? (fyi, its a sailing ship). Why limit the attraction to the first book/movie?

Pete C

B-man555 said:

Think about it, its the 21st century, they could come up with something better than that.

I like the Idea of it being like the Indiana Jones ride, but itd be cooler if it was a longer ride.:rolleyes:

First, there are other books besides Lion Witch and the Wardrobe in the Narnia series. I guess you haven't read them. Water is a theme in many of the books. Second, I think for Narnia they are going to have to appeal to children. The books are for all ages of course, but especially children. They are not going to make a ride that is over the top on thrills for this, if they do anything at all.

B-man555

CoffeeJedi said:
Did you not read the part where he mentioned the Dawn Treader? (fyi, its a sailing ship). Why limit the attraction to the first book/movie?

True. I was saying if it was especially for the new movie.

That would be cool if it was for most of the books though...

B-man555

Pete C said:
First, there are other books besides Lion Witch and the Wardrobe in the Narnia series. I guess you haven't read them. Water is a theme in many of the books. Second, I think for Narnia they are going to have to appeal to children. The books are for all ages of course, but especially children. They are not going to make a ride that is over the top on thrills for this, if they do anything at all.

Narnia is a great series. It doesnt have to be JUST for kids. Older people including teens, like myself, like to go to disney for thrills.. Why only limit it to a childrens ride if they do?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would not expect anything in the near future. I would, however, anticipate seeing something in conjunction with the sequal. It would be good timing and they would play off of each other.

Pete C

Unfortunately, the next film is Prince Caspian, which doesn't offer much in terms of theme compared to, say, Magician's Nephew or LW&W. What I really want to see out of Narnina or a Narnia ride is something really big and real...something that makes you feel small and in another world. If they could accomplish that, then it will be like reading the books. What I don't want to see is some live action-based movie ride starring the characters from the movie. As much as I love Spiderman, I'd rather see a technology like that for The Incredibles or a new Star Tours.

B-man555

Pete C said:
Unfortunately, the next film is Prince Caspian, which doesn't offer much in terms of theme compared to, say, Magician's Nephew or LW&W. What I really want to see out of Narnina or a Narnia ride is something really big and real...something that makes you feel small and in another world. If they could accomplish that, then it will be like reading the books. What I don't want to see is some live action-based movie ride starring the characters from the movie. As much as I love Spiderman, I'd rather see a technology like that for The Incredibles or a new Star Tours.

I agree. they should at least let the Narnia movies develop first before making an attraction for it.

bigbadwolf

Pete C said:
If they did then it is expired...Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Curse of Darkastle uses the same exact ride system and technology as Spiderman.

I sadly went on a behind the scenes tour to Universal Studios, and they told me spider man "was one of a kind". Of course I thought it was bull when I saw Curse of Darkcastle... lol

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
bigbadwolf said:
I sadly went on a behind the scenes tour to Universal Studios, and they told me spider man "was one of a kind". Of course I thought it was bull when I saw Curse of Darkcastle... lol
I think they probably meant that there wasn't a copy of it at Hong Kong Universal or Universal Paris. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom