Narcoossee's dress code

bee

Original Poster
Hi all,

I searched and there were a few older threads on this but nothing recent. Has anyone recently dined at Narcoossee's who can tell me about the dress code?

The Disney site says this:

Men may wear slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jackets are optional.

Women may wear dresses, skirts or dress shorts with blouses or sweaters.

Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics.​

We were planning to wear nice, dark jeans and blouses. We have dressed this way at other signature restaurants, such as Jiko. Certainly they do not actually mean women can only wear dresses/skirts or shorts. (??) Will they deny us entrance? Am I just being paranoid?

horizons82

I ate there within the past year and saw nothing at all different about the dress code at Narcoossee's than at any of the other signature restaurants, so if you've been fine and comfortable with those clothes at others you should be fine here as well.

Hockey89

Ive seen people that looked homeless so you should be fine as long as your not naked... The dress attire at signature restaurants are embarrassing..

bee

Original Poster
I ate there within the past year and saw nothing at all different about the dress code at Narcoossee's than at any of the other signature restaurants, so if you've been fine and comfortable with those clothes at others you should be fine here as well.
Thank you! We've done other signatures and never felt out of place so I think we'll be fine.

I've seen diners in jeans, shorts, t shirts, flip flops, basically park attire. You'll be fine. The only signature that enforces a dress code is V&A.

I recommend the lobster bisque and scallops.
Thanks! We are both vegetarians so we'll be ordering from the veggie menu :D

Ive seen people that looked homeless so you should be fine as long as your not naked... The dress attire at signature restaurants are embarrassing..
Ha. Thank you! We promise not to be embarrassing. :p

bee

Original Poster
Thanks again to all who replied. I am happy to report that we did not feel out of place in nice well-fitting jeans, blouses, and flats. We were certainly toward the casual end of the spectrum but we saw everything from basketball shorts to tuxes.

bee

Original Poster
Who had a Tux on:p:jawdrop::joyfull:

Wedding party, most likely.
Actually, it was a multi-generation family dining together; I think they were celebrating the grandmother's birthday. Grandpa had a tux, grandma and mom were in cocktail dresses (I didn't see any full-length gowns), dad was in a suit (not a tux). The two daughters, who looked around 10-12 and may have been twins, were wearing dresses with lots of flowy tulle, black patent mary janes and purses, and white tights. The two girls' outfits were completely identical except that one was in a black dress and one was in white. They looked about as elegant as preteens can.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Actually, it was a multi-generation family dining together; I think they were celebrating the grandmother's birthday. Grandpa had a tux, grandma and mom were in cocktail dresses (I didn't see any full-length gowns), dad was in a suit (not a tux). The two daughters, who looked around 10-12 and may have been twins, were wearing dresses with lots of flowy tulle, black patent mary janes and purses, and white tights. The two girls' outfits were completely identical except that one was in a black dress and one was in white. They looked about as elegant as preteens can.
Ahh, OK. People like to dress up sometimes. I know my wife and I, while we wouldn't wear a tux, certainly dress up for the signature restaurants at Disney.

Jo DeVil

We always dress nice for signatures, I wear a dress, DH will wear jacket, Shirt and Trousers and DS 12 will wear a Shirt and Dress Shorts (he has ASD and will never wear trousers), We liked to go Narcoossees for our wedding Anniversary, each year since 2007, but in 2016 we noticed a serious drop in standards, which to be honest had been declining over the last few years. A party of about 10 turned up in leisure shorts with t shirts and Vest tops and fip flops. They had literally come straight from MK with balloons, rucksacks and shopping bags! Nothing was said they were just taken to there table. So sorry to sound like a complete snob but it didn't surprise me in the least when the younger children in the party were allowed to run around shouting, our server was so embarrassed, were given our wine as an apology, and so were several tables around us. We didn't want free stuff we just wanted a nice dinner. We asked our server why they were allowed in as the didn't meet the dress code he said that they get in trouble from the bosses if they turn people away!!!!! So this year we are giving it a miss and we are going to try the Paddlefish instead. But I do hope you have a great time whatever you decide to wear.

Hockey89

We always dress nice for signatures, I wear a dress, DH will wear jacket, Shirt and Trousers and DS 12 will wear a Shirt and Dress Shorts (he has ASD and will never wear trousers), We liked to go Narcoossees for our wedding Anniversary, each year since 2007, but in 2016 we noticed a serious drop in standards, which to be honest had been declining over the last few years. A party of about 10 turned up in leisure shorts with t shirts and Vest tops and fip flops. They had literally come straight from MK with balloons, rucksacks and shopping bags! Nothing was said they were just taken to there table. So sorry to sound like a complete snob but it didn't surprise me in the least when the younger children in the party were allowed to run around shouting, our server was so embarrassed, were given our wine as an apology, and so were several tables around us. We didn't want free stuff we just wanted a nice dinner. We asked our server why they were allowed in as the didn't meet the dress code he said that they get in trouble from the bosses if they turn people away!!!!! So this year we are giving it a miss and we are going to try the Paddlefish instead. But I do hope you have a great time whatever you decide to wear.
A generation of parents have failed to teach proper behavior...Not a snob at all and you can pick the pathetic parents out in two seconds...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

They would not be allowed to eat at V&A dressed like that, so why should the other signatures, especially at the GF, be any different?

Managers need to start enforcing their stated policies. If there's a dress code, enforce it. If children are allowed to run around the restaurant disturbing other diners, warn the parents. If it continues to happen, ask them to leave. Not only are the kids impacting the enjoyment of other diners, but it's a safety issues for them and the servers carrying trays of food. I pay the same prices they are paying. Why can't I expect a nice dining experience in a quality restaurant? I dressed up for our dinner last year, surely they can.

I'm going to say this, and will probably get some negative responses. As parent to parent. Please stop bring your children to nice restaurants - and not just Disney's - if they are incapable of sitting at a restaurant table and behaving. I'm tired of having MY meal spoiled because of your child. My daughter didn't eat meals at nice restaurants until she was old enough to behave properly and not disturb other diners. Just like I was as a kid. While you sat at your table with your BFF enjoying another glass of wine, your 3 year old wandered over to my table and stared at the food on my plate - he had to grab the end of the table to pull himself up to see my food. I walked him back over to your table, but you were too busy with that glass of wine. The final straw was your 8 year old son leaning OVER my plate of food to take photos of the fish swimming in the tank next to our table. You're lucky I didn't take his camera away (that's what my dad would have done). Once again, you were too busy. But I let the server know and he said something to you. Should have made you pay for the food I suddenly lost interest in.

So I agree with @Hockey89. There are some parents nowadays who couldn't be bothered to teach their children manners...they have none themselves. And those of us who object when our experiences are ruined are told to get over it. Got news for you - your children are going to get a rude awakening when they get their first job and the boss makes it clear the world doesn't revolve around them. You're doing your children no favors by not teaching and insisting they have good manners...and I'm not referring to just table manners.

Last edited:

Hockey89

They would not be allowed to eat at V&A dressed like that, so why should the other signatures, especially at the GF, be any different?

Managers need to start enforcing their stated policies. If there's a dress code, enforce it. If children are allowed to run around the restaurant disturbing other diners, warn the parents. If it continues to happen, ask them to leave. Not only are the kids impacting the enjoyment of other diners, but it's a safety issues for them and the servers carrying trays of food. I pay the same prices they are paying. Why can't I expect a nice dining experience in a quality restaurant? I dressed up for our dinner last year, surely they can.

I'm going to say this, and will probably get some negative responses. As parent to patent. Please stop bring your children to nice restaurants - and not just Disney's - if they are incapable of sitting at a restaurant table and behaving. I'm tired of having MY meal spoiled because of your child. My daughter didn't eat meals at nice restaurants until she was old enough to behave properly and not disturb other diners. Just like I was as a kid. While you sat at your table with your BFF enjoying another glass of wine, your 3 year old wandered over to my table and stared at the food on my plate - he had to grab the end of the table to pull himself up to see my food. I walked him back over to your table, but you were too busy with that glass of wine. The final straw was your 8 year old son leaning OVER my plate of food to take photos of the fish swimming in the tank next to our table. You're lucky I didn't take his camera away (that's what my dad would have done). Once again, you were too busy. But I let the server know and he said something to you. Should have made you pay for the food I suddenly lost interest in.

So I agree with @Hockey89. There are some parents nowadays who couldn't be bothered to teach their children manners...they have none themselves. And those of us who object when our experiences are ruined are told to get over it. Got news for you - your children are going to get a rude awakening when they get their first job and the boss makes it clear the world doesn't revolve around them. You're doing your children no favors by not teaching and insisting they have good manners...and I'm not referring to just table manners.
I walk the kids back to their tables and give their parents the business... They don't like it and I could not careless...

danyoung56

There's nothing wrong with saying to a kid "Uh uh, don't lean over me like that, go back to your own table." If parents have a problem with that, they're idiots and should be kilt.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There's nothing wrong with saying to a kid "Uh uh, don't lean over me like that, go back to your own table." If parents have a problem with that, they're idiots and should be kilt.

My response was more a shocked "what the hell are you doing?" as I batted his hand away. Then marched him back to his oblivious mother with a "need to watch your son" and went back to my table. No longer interested in finishing my meal. While idiots, I'm not going to wish them harm. Just that karma later... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom