Name this old show...

DisneyDreamerK

Original Poster
I'm trying to remember the name of an old show in WDW. It was before they made Toon Town. I remember there was a huge cake, maybe celebrating Mickey's birthday? When the show was over, they dumped you in this room where you could stick your head on the characters body and take pictures. Does anyone remember it or could find the the music from it? My brain is going nuts trying to remember... Thanks!

Chape19714

You are probally thinking of Minnie's Surprise Party, a show in which Minnie threw a surprise Birthday party for Mickey.

The show featured a multi-tiered set that looked like a cake and featured exploding candles.

After the show, You could go and Meet Mickey in his dressing room or, as you stated, have your picture taken in a variety of character bodies (fair-like cut outs). This all took place in Mickey's Birthdayland, which later became Mickey's Starland, and eventually evoloved into today's Toontown Fair.

Hope this helps!

Baloo423

You can find most of the songs on the Walt Disney Records cd, "Birthday Songs: Games & Fun for You Party". It can be found at amazon.com where you can even listen to the songs before you buy it. :)

maelstrom

Birthdayland! I have the whole show on video. I wish that I had the means to copy it to my computer or to a DVD. I tried copying my old vacation videos to DVD with my fiance's DVD recorder, but it kept messing up. :(

We're rollin', we're rollin', we're on the express. Mickey's Birthdayland Express!

Back when the area was themed to Duckburg. Ahh, memories. This is the WDW from my first trip at two-years-old in 1988. :)

tracyandalex

thanks so much for postingthis. that is one of my first (all be it very fuzzy) memories of disney wolrd and the characters. wow i loved that show, i think i was five when i saw it.

tracy

T-1MILLION

Who can forget...

"Happy birthday, its Mickey's birthday happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! We've got Goofy and Donald..."

One of my first memories of Walt Disney World... I thought there was so much more to do back then rather than the current Toontown fair.

-SIR-

Well I never got to see the birthday show but I think I saw the version after that... Mickey's Magical TV world is what I think it was called... It had all the afternoon tv lineup..... gummybears, chip n dale rescue ranngers, tale spin, Duck-Tales etc. .... I vaguely remember it but I remember enjoying it at like 4 years old or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom