Name of Early 90's MGM Firework Show?

muse1983

Original Poster
I remember when we went to Disney World in 1992 seeing a firework show set to movie theme music in MGM. Does anyone remember the name of the show and any details behind it (why it left etc)

Alektronic

I really liked the giant inflatable Mickey. The only part I didn't enjoy was getting kicked out of the back half of the park so everyone had to watch the show in front of GMR.

steener618

Sorcery in the Sky.

The best Disney fireworks display ever!!!

I wish they would bring it back, but I know they won't. I long to see it again.

If it didnt require the back end of the park to close off then it would've been a great addition to Summer Nightastic!!

PurpleDragon

They've had Sorcery in the Sky several times since the hat was put up. It was the New Years Eve show until a few years ago.

Yes but I'm sure it was missing a large number of pyro effects. In the original show there were numerous low level pyro effects on the roof of TGMR(spark sprayers, etc..) that would not be visible with the hat in place. So the new years show you are referring to was probably a modified version of the original 90's version.

WDW Monorail

While the more recent shows were entirely different from the original run, the Hat would not block very much, if anything at all. The recent NYE, 4th of July and Grad Night shows use the same rooftop launch zones as SitS did, with the exception of 2 towers located directly behind GMR. Those were removed not long ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom