Nahtazu

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well just to tell you how much of an idiot I am, it took me the full two weeks of watching this commercial for Animal Kingdom at our resort to realize what that meant, Nahtahzu = Not A Zoo.

My question is, they really pound this word into your head, obviously they're not wanting to be associated with as a Zoo. Why not? As far as I see it, they are A ZOO! on Steroids.

Actually Animal Kingdom is nice but has a long ways to go. They have plans to build a big rollercoaster in there and in a few years it will be better but in my opinion, it's boring right now.

Dayma

My question is, they really pound this word into your head, obviously they're not wanting to be associated with as a Zoo. Why not? As far as I see it, they are A ZOO! on Steroids.

He He

They want for people to think that it is an amusment park different from a ZOO so people like us in Cleveland or Chicago who have very nice Zoos dont skip the AK because they think it is simply a ZOO!

Also it isnt even close to a ZOO. Yes there are animals but sooo much more to it..

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by civileng68
Well just to tell you how much of an idiot I am, it took me the full two weeks of watching this commercial for Animal Kingdom at our resort to realize what that meant, Nahtahzu = Not A Zoo.

It took you two weeks? It took me at least 2 hrs to figure out that's what they were saying. One night, after running around the parks, my g/f (at the time) and I went back to our room and she put me through the hell of watching "The Disney Resort Channel" and I must've heard that commercial at least 10+ times.

"Disney's Animal Kingdom is everything...
....But....it's NAH-TA-ZU!!!!!!"

--Jason (gone to the zoo) ;)

AdLibSean

Hehe! I felt incredibly stupid too when I found out. It's so blatant, yet I completely missed it. But Dino-Rama's a FANTASTIC edition to AK!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :hurl: :lol:

DAKTOLCMM

On a Side note the Nahtazu guy, he is direct from the Festival of the Lion King...at least he was when i worked there. He is such a cool cool guy! And if you listen to him when all the floats are coming out you will hear him say this phrase...i laughed so hard the first time i heard it.
just a tid bit for ya.

careship

My family is known for our Zoo fascination. AK being Nahtazu is simply so true. Zoos you go to to look at caged animals. AK you go to for the fun and excitement and the animals are a huge bonus. My older son is determined to be a Zoologist. He spent hours in Planet Watch watchiing them check the animals. We got to see a gorilla's check-up one time and I couldn't get him to move an inch. It was fascinating for him to see this up close and personal. I love the AK for all it has to offer. Honestly, my family would still go and love the place without anything other then the Safari ride and the animals.

kennyj29

Sorry

But Animal Kingdom is NOT A ZOO>..... you can't even compare it to a zoo. We go to the bronx zoo and it's nothing at all like the Animal Kingdom. The few trails they have that's what they are comparing? Give me a break!~

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by civileng68

Actually Animal Kingdom is nice but has a long ways to go. They have plans to build a big rollercoaster in there and in a few years it will be better but in my opinion, it's boring right now.

Don't feel bad....my little sister had to explain it to me. She just shook her head and called me a dumb blonde.

Dizknee_Phreek

i actually just saw Natahzu on an AK park map tonight and had no idea what it was....i mean, that's all it had on there was that word! if i had seen the AK commercial with 'it's everything....but...it's natahzu' i'm sure i might would've gotten it. but if you all hadn't mentioned it on here, i still wouldn't have known a month from now! :hammer:

hail2pitt1103

that is such a great commercial, but it was definitely for people who werent familiar with animal kingdom. when i suggested to my family that we go to AK, my dad said 'why, we have zoos here?', so he was definitely the target of that ad.

as a side note, Nahtahzu became Nahtahride at Innoventions when people asked if the Medicine's New Vision venue was a ride. We got lots of blank stares from guests, but the CMs loved it.

Pioneer Hall

for the people who say that Animal Kingdom is like a zoo...

Tell me what zoo I can go to where I can watch a movie in a 13 story tree, travel back in time to see Dinosuars, ride a coaster, see shows (and I don't mean feed the dolphin hour), take a safari through africa, and raft down a river. And soon I will be able to Explore Mount Everest.

So who ever can say Animal Kingdom is a Zoo...I want to know what Zoo you are going to, because I think I need to check it out.

meeko_33785

My two cents on the Zoo/ not a zoo debate- My oppinion is that AK is part zoo, but definatly more. I think we see AK as people in the 1950s must have seen Disneyland. After all, when Disneyland opened, there was nothing else quite like it, but it took inspiration from many different things such as amusment parks, words fairs, botanical gardens, ect. and then blended it together to make something new and different. I think AK is the same thing. It takes inspiration from theme parks and zoos, but blends it together to make something else. I think it will be easier to see that it's truly something different that just a zoo or just a theme park once there are more attractions built there though.

Glasgow

ha ha .. that is funny. I remember seeing that commercial as well and was wondering what the heck they were talking about. I was thinking it was some complicated African saying or something!

Anyway, I think AK is great for a relaxing day. I went with zero expectations, and came away having a stressless experience. Yes, it does need some work to be more conducive to kids and excitement, but hey, I'd still rather the money be spent on big budget rides right now in epcot and mk and leave AK as more of a serene environment.

(*Note : yes, I do love E-rides!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom