Mystic Isle (Teaser)

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Okay so Discovery Island is just sitting there, not doing anything and while I have reports of high toxicity levels and what not to why nothing new can be built there or breaking their wildlife preserve ordinance or what not, there was plans to change the percale to Myst Island, an interactive gated attraction based off the computer games in the myst line, this idea has never materialized, but it did set the spark for the new concept of the interaction/emersion park. Personally I find this idea very very intriguing, so based of the general concept of Myst Island I am creating my own interaction park Mystic Isle ( yes I know the names are similar, but it fits for an ancient magical island). Whether or not it will take the place of the extinct Discovery Island, is insignificant and could be built elsewhere in WDW, with a channel around the perimeter of the park. Here is an over view of the concept and partial technology implemented.

Explores(guests) are dropped off onto the island by boat, while on the boat they are briefed by their excavation leader and given their special video/radio bands. These rather large wrist clock like looking devices have a small digital clock and compass, with radio capabilities, the other main feature though is a tracking system, that will allow a tracking central on the island to keep track of the guests, these bands are not able to be taken off with out a special detacher. Over the radio from time to time will come messages from camp set off by sensors around the island. Each group of guests will be given 3 hours on the island. Providing then 3 sets of guests per day. Each set will probably be around 100-150 guests in a set, yield yes the fairly exclusive number of 300- 450 guests per day, the pricing though will be probably less then such similar concepts as Discovery Cove, being only about $150 per person. The drop off area will be the camp here guests will be set off on different 5 of 10 different missions each mission will last approximately 30 min with a 30 min canteen break at the camp where an inclusive cost mealish snack will be served. The main concept here is that there are 10 excavation sites where the mission will range from unlocking the secret of an ancient gate to navigating through an ancient temple to uncovering ruins, in general trying to reveal the secret of the magical society that use to thrive on these grounds, there will be a number of different secrets that can be revealed depending on how guests complete their missions. Most of the islands area would be well guided by rock formations and dense foliage to guide guests to and from the destinations, but there will also be guides to make sure guests get to their destination quickly and to help developed the story line further and in addition to provide guests with any on site assistance.

Coming Soon-Part One: The Jade Jungle and the Druid's Ruins

Chad

Hmmm...I was wondering if someone would tackle Myst Island..However, I am suggesting, and asking kindly that you move this over to the Imagineering boards, as this has little to do with the EPCOT pavillion...

Otherwise...

You might want to engineer the island so you can have a higher occupancy..Have the island divided into areas for each 'Mission' once you complete one mission, you cannot go back to the previous area, that way, it can be used by another group, thus increasing the yield without making it look crowded. Using a method like that could almost triple the person count, and bring in more money.

Devote a good stretch of the coast line for 'Base Camps' Make 15-20 'tents' where guests can be briefed on missions. Assign two or three groups to each tent so while one is being briefed, one can be starting a mission, and another can be wrapping up on one.

This will make it much more complicated, but make it more cost efficent, which is still important (not THE most important thing, but definetly a factor in everything)

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Oopppps Sorry, I was wondering after I had posted this if this should have gone there, I was not sure if we were strictly devoted only to the Weaterh Pavillion project, acutally I think I will work and develpe this idea a little more than I will post it over on the Imagineering boards

Sorry about that, and thanks for the suggestions :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom