MyMagic+ opinions on phase close days

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
You can't tell me that there aren't people in the fastpass lines that were scheduled to ride an hour or so ago...
Nope I can't, wouldn't attempt to because I don't think it's relevant for the most part. What % of guests are new to the parks during phase closing days like today? I would venture to guess less than one tenth of one percent. I could be totally wrong but I would guess that a significant number of guests on days like today are locals who come knowing exactly what to expect. They come in, walk around, have an adult beverage, catch a couple of attractions then start finding a place to camp out at for ROE. MM+ most likely is irrelevant to them, for today.

ParentsOf4

I can't wait to hear the stories of how MM+ has failed on this one. It seems, at first glance, that it's causing more harm than good. And since all of the parks are mainly full, where is MM+ going to send you since all the rides have ludicrous wait times?
MM+ is not worse, just different.

Rides have limited capacity. Whether it's FP or FP+, capacity is going to run out. It's Christmas week. Wait times always are a disaster.

Some will be better off with FP+, some will be worse. The main difference with FP+ is that onsite guests are getting first crack at FP+ selections. Offsite guests get what's left.

mousehockey37

Nope I can't, wouldn't attempt to because I don't think it's relevant for the most part. What % of guests are new to the parks during phase closing days like today? I would venture to guess less than one tenth of one percent. I could be totally wrong but I would guess that a significant number of guests on days like today are locals who come knowing exactly what to expect. They come in, walk around, have an adult beverage, catch a couple of attractions then start finding a place to camp out at for ROE. MM+ most likely is irrelevant to them, for today.

MM+ if it isn't fully out yet, should be requiring that ALL guests, whether local or not, have the bands on. I could be wrong, but it seems that's the direction of the program.

To state that the significant amount of guests today ARE locals? Yeah, probably totally wrong. I've lived in enough tourist destinations in my life to know that come certain days and times of the year, you just get as far as away as you can...

Ralphlaw

I can't wait to hear the stories of how MM+ has failed on this one. It seems, at first glance, that it's causing more harm than good. And since all of the parks are mainly full, where is MM+ going to send you since all the rides have ludicrous wait times?

Must disagree. MM+ and the wristbands worked flawlessly for us. And we could still get extra fastpasses using our room keys. Yeah, it seems stupid to get fastpasses for things like the teacups or Monsters laugh floor, but it all worked out. In fact, when we used the wristbands to get into Turtle Talk with Crush, there were dozens of people in line that had to wait for the next show. Overall, a very good experience.

mousehockey37

Must disagree. MM+ and the wristbands worked flawlessly for us. And we could still get extra fastpasses using our room keys. Yeah, it seems stupid to get fastpasses for things like the teacups or Monsters laugh floor, but it all worked out. In fact, when we used the wristbands to get into Turtle Talk with Crush, there were dozens of people in line that had to wait for the next show. Overall, a very good experience.

And when was your visit?

disney4life2008

MM+ if it isn't fully out yet, should be requiring that ALL guests, whether local or not, have the bands on. I could be wrong, but it seems that's the direction of the program.

To state that the significant amount of guests today ARE locals? Yeah, probably totally wrong. I've lived in enough tourist destinations in my life to know that come certain days and times of the year, you just get as far as away as you can...
I lived in the area over the summer and I too thought tourists would go to Disney every weekend or holiday but the overwhelming majority knew never to to go Disney during a night like tonight. Matter of fact, most only went to Disney once a blue moon. The 2 places everyone pumped up was Epcot world showcase and universal studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom