My WDW 2007 Review

I have just recently returned from WDW, we stayed at Pop Century between 27th August to 14th September.
Last year we stayed at All Star Movies, and i have to say, i prefered it to the Pop! but only slightly! The food court and gift shop seemed better to me, and the room i thought was also better at the Movies, but the one good thing that Pop has is the one stop with the bus, it made travelling a lot easier, and i also think Pop is a bit more central than Movies.
Now onto the subject of food! :slurp: the best meal i had and will definitely be going back on my next trip was at Mama Melrose in MGM, i had the spicy sausage which was awesome. 2nd best meal of the trip goes to Raglan Road at Downtown Disney, where i had i think it's called sod the stew, very very tasty, and i will be returing there as well. 3rd best meal goes to Crystal Palace, my daughter loves Pooh and friends, and the food and service was great. A lot of people have been raving about the shakes at Min and Bills Dockside Diner, so i had to try one! very good but they don't come anywhere near the P B & J Shakes at 50s Prime Time!
So thats the hotel and food!
And i will continue my review later! :wave:
PICT0620.JPG

PICT0353.JPG

GBMouse

Original Poster
My favourite park is still the Magic Kingdom, however Epcot is really close to being on a par with it! I went on the Nemo ride for the first time, i thought it was good with some really good special effects, but i also thought the ride was a bit short in duration. I was very impressed with the Grand Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros, i had never been on the previous ride in Mexico so i don't really know what the difference was between them. I really love the World Showcase and especially getting stuck in the French wine shop :animwink: :slurp: during a big rain shower! I rode the updated Pirates ride for the first time, it's really good now Captain Jack's in it! We got hit by the Dream Squad when was in the Magic Kingdom! We got a private room with Cinderella, Dopey and a photographer! as my daughter is mentally handicapped it was a very special emotional moment for me! Went to the Pirates and Princess Party! This was really good! and not that crowded which surprised me, and as it was the last date we got plenty of booty bags!
MGM Studios has now overtaken Animal Kingdom in my opinion! There is just not enough room when it is busy at AK! and it gets so hot with the crowds and the trees, and there is no where to go and cool off, maybe things will improve when the new restaurant gets finished.
I thought the High School Musical Pep Rally was good at MGM! and one of my favourite attractions is at MGM, Muppet Vision 3D! never get tired of that! I also think it will be cool when the Jedi Training Camp gets finished next to Star Tours. I love that shop Tattoine Traders! There is rumours of developing the whole area between there and Indiana Jones show, making it a Lucas area! which will be awesome! And with the addition of the new Toy Story ride coming soon, the future looks good for the soon to be Hollywood Studios.
Anyway that will do for now!
Might add a bit more later. :wave:
PICT0570.JPG

PICT0534.JPG

GBMouse

Original Poster
OK, Went to a concert at H.O.B., first time i have been there, sad to say it is not as good as Hard Rock Live at Universal :veryconfu I am 46 years of age and i got asked to produce ID! :veryconfu then i was asked to empty my pockets! I never got any of that at HRL! and there was a kind of intense almost hostile atmosphere, I know recently Disney have cancelled some heavy metal concerts! maybe they are aware that there is a problem at H.O.B.!
OK best shops! The number 1 will always be World of Disney at DTD! and i do like the majority of the shops in the World Showcase, i also like Basin at DTD who have great soaps! and there is something about the Rainforest Cafe shop! oh and Tattoine Traders at MGM and even though i hate the ride! the Tower of Terror shop! there is some cool stuff in there!
There could be more to follow real soon!:animwink: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom